Skip to content
RIAA Says Ripping C...

Notifications
Clear all

RIAA Says Ripping CDs to Your iPod is NOT Fair Use...

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

one billion served...

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1653881

"digital music sales grew from 220 million to 790 million in one year and only account for 6% of overall music sales"

yea sounds like they are really hurting.

do the math , what is the total estimate of money made in one year if this figure is true?

#4491....

Posted : 23/02/2006 8:24 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

This crud is enough to get me to stop buying music.

http://www.fbi.gov/ipr/

Why not just put that we are renting the music. :roll:

Cry me a river big record labels and their lawyers. :cry:

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 24/02/2006 7:50 pm
(@alangreen)

Notice how even the FBI are jumping on the bandwagon - unauthorised (i.e. not paid for) use of the seal and warning, indeed.

I tell you what, I'm going to sue everybody on the planet who's name is Alan Green for unauthorised use of my name. Alan Greenspan had better watch out too - unauthorised use of a derivative of my name.

There you go, I have now descended to their level.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 26/02/2006 12:02 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

What the RIAA wants you to do (an example):

1 - 1968: buy the Rolling Stone's Beggar's Banquet vinyl LP.

2 - 1971 (or so): buy Beggar's Banquet cassette to listen to in your car. Don't make your own copy by recording the album you bought in #1, it's illegal.

3 - 1987: buy the Beggar's Banquet brand new laser digital compact disc: the Rolling Stones like you never heard them before!

4 - 1995 (or so): buy the brand new digitally enhanced from the original masters Beggar's Banquet CD, because# 3 was crap after all.

5 - 2001 (or so): buy the brand new digitally enhanced from the original masters Beggar's Banquet SACD, because# 4 was crap too after all.

6 - 2005: buy the Street Fighting Man mp3 from ITunes for your Ipod. Don't convert the song to mp3 from the vinyl, cassete, CDs and SACD you bought, it's illegal

6 - Since you're playing guitar, buy Street Fighting Man's tab, don't download it from the internet for free (free if you forget about the high end computer and software you bought and the fee you pay each month to your internet provider)

7 - Give money to the RIAA every time you make a public performance of Street Fighting Man

8 - Wouldn't it be great if you could give money to the RIAA everytime you make a private performance of Street Fighting Man with your buddies, or every time you shout "Everywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy" in your shower? For the time being, the RIAA doen't have the technical means to control what you're doing in your home, but wait until they can!

Now one question: What does the RIAA want?

Hey you forgot about my 8-track! :lol:

#4491....

Posted : 26/02/2006 4:34 pm
(@blind_lemon_pye)
Trusted Member

Sorry abou your 8-track, TwistedLefty, but for some reason they were not very popular here in Europe, so I forgot. Hence the 8-tracks becomes #3, the CD becomes #4, etc.

If I'm not in the band
Don't mean I'm square
Mercury Rev - Car Wash Air

Posted : 27/02/2006 12:22 pm
Page 2 / 2