Illustrious Member
Topic starter

dead at 69

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 20/12/2010 2:27 am
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

The Captain will continue to blow minds from somewhere in the Afterlife for a long, long time. "Trout Mask Replica" isn't an album to listen to; it's an album to live with. You can hear something new with every spin. My favorite of his work however is the final LP, "Ice Cream for Crow." :)

All of Beefheart's guitar players were killers, Gary Lucas probably first among equals. But it's worth remembering that Beefheart taught the guitarists their parts painstakingly, note for note.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 20/12/2010 3:11 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It's a pity. RIP Captain!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/12/2010 6:32 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I was gutted to hear about this. And right after finding a bunch of fellow Beefheart fans in Liverpool, as well. :cry:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 11/01/2011 1:12 am
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

What a pity - I´ll miss the ol' Cap'n. Great music - at times - and a really funny story about how the name Beefheart came to mind! :wink:

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

Posted : 12/01/2011 10:22 am