Clear all

Riverside Jam 2007 - overview report

30 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
10.1 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Looks like y'all had a blast! Sure wish I'd been able to be there with you! Next year for sure!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/08/2007 2:55 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Love the hat pics. You all guys have got some 'Mojo workin by'.

Gnease looking cool in that lil goatee of yours.

One day I am sure coming there to play 'Jesus of Suburbia' complete with all of you. I guess I need not bring any guitars since Dhodge's will suffice... :wink:

Posted : 09/08/2007 10:28 am
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Great Pics,

I must say I particularly like the one of Wes playing at
the Gazebo. That's a super shot.

I've been working on the videos and will post more soon.

John

To give credit where credit is due, Jacqui Lasley took the picture of Wes with John's camera.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 09/08/2007 1:09 pm
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

Awsome photos; Thanks for posting Kathy! And thanks for giving credit to Jacqui; she really enjoyed using John's camera.

Greg; love the Mojo shots. They are living large, like the Silver patron shots....

And Pearl; thanks for posting yours too; it was nice to meet you in person. Glad you got some playing time in.

It really was an amazing several days of music. I have to echo John the Celt's report on the other thread about the Singer Songwriter's night. Your set was fantastic! And it was a blast to have everying chiming in on St. Teresa! Can't wait to see that video. It was pretty toasty in there; thanks to Jeff for throwing me some napkins to wipe my face. I was squinting through the first set as the sweat was stinging my eyes! But it was good fun...

I echo Laz's comments too; all the work put in by everyone. This year was particularly special by raising so much for the PR Kellerman foundation. Anne, you were merciless in working the crowd. I thought you were Jerry Lewis.

Major kudos to David and Karen for organizing such a wonderful few days!

Posted : 10/08/2007 2:15 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'd like to dedicate this next song to "Nick & the mad hatters" :wink:

Where Did You Get That Hat

Chorus
Where did you get that hat
Where did you get that tile
Isn't it a knobby one
In just the proper style
I should like to have one
Just the same as that
(Where 'ere i go they shout)
"Hello, where did you get that hat?"

Now how I came to get this hat
Is very strange and funny
My uncle died and left to me
His property and money
And when the will it was read out
They told me straight and flat
If I'm to have his money i must also wear his hat

Chorus

When I go to the concert hall
In the concert season
Someone's is sure to shout at me
Without the slightest reason
When I go to the opera hall
To have a jolly spree
There's one or two sopranos
Who are sure to shout at me
"Hello where did you get that hat?"

Chorus

When Mr. And Mrs. Ramsbottom
Had their last garden party
I was amongst the guests,
Who had a welcome true and hearty.
The Prince of Wales was also there,
And my heart jumped with glee,
When someone said the prince
Would like to have a word with me,
"Hello, where did you get that hat?"

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 10/08/2007 2:41 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

"Hello, do you like my hat?"

from Go Dog Go! by Dr Seuss

Posted : 10/08/2007 3:05 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Only one man other than I knows the location of the secret hat stash. There is a new one every year for Riverside. They just can't handle that much mojo for long.

Nice hat song by the way.

Posted : 10/08/2007 4:58 am
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Only one man other than I knows the location of the secret hat stash. There is a new one every year for Riverside. They just can't handle that much mojo for long.
Not so, Nick. I saw the Mojo shrine myself before departure on Monday. I'll take the secret location to my grave...... 8)

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

Posted : 10/08/2007 3:53 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Not so, Nick. I saw the Mojo shrine myself before departure on Monday. I'll take the secret location to my grave...... 8)

But is he talking about where they come from (font o' mojo) or where they go post jam (shrine)? There may be only one other who knows the source. Plus, I have it from a "reliable source" that other, more secret (and stretchy!) sources of mojo come from that same place.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 10/08/2007 5:20 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

But is he talking about where they come from (font o' mojo) or where they go post jam (shrine)? There may be only one other who knows the source. Plus, I have it from a "reliable source" that other, more secret (and stretchy!) sources of mojo come from that same place.

Follow the blue light, and all will be revealed- The Maharaja of Mojo.

Posted : 10/08/2007 5:30 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

True that, I was sure we were going to be arrested.

Posted : 10/08/2007 6:43 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

True that, I was sure we were going to be arrested.

got me thinking about a whole different set of pix :wink:

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 10/08/2007 8:02 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

"True that, I was sure we were going to be arrested." Does this relate to the tequila mentioned earlier. :?:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 10/08/2007 8:23 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

"True that, I was sure we were going to be arrested." Does this relate to the tequila mentioned earlier. :?:

nope -- IIRC, pre-dates tequila imbibage

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 11/08/2007 2:23 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

So I'm guessing that would put them somewhere not to far
South of me. :wink:

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 11/08/2007 3:29 am
Page 2 / 2