Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 29/07/2010 10:53 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Scrybe is in the house!

Our house...

Where are the dancing emoji when you need them? :(

Laz's house is wonderful (can I have my 50$ now Laz? :lol: ). No, seriously, it is. And everyone who I met for the first time whose names I instantly forgot (because I'm crap at basic stuff like that, are also very nice. Wish I could play, though!!!!!! Am testing the painkillers and alcohol for the scientifically optimally calibrated combination to result in not ruining what little musicality I do have, and being able to ignore pain. I'm getting close. That, and once the effects of carrying luggage wear off, I'll regain some movement. Unless anyone can administer local anaesthetic, in which case........... rock on! :P

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 30/07/2010 4:56 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Well, the RSJ 2010 has come and gone. Pix, vids, and stories are pending, but let me be the first to say that it was a wonderful event, and there was some amazing music with very few train wrecks.

28 musicians in our house, and no bloodshed!

Thanks to all the participants - you guys were great!

Posted : 02/08/2010 7:33 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

it was a good time indeed!. many thanks and tips-o-the-hat to Laz and Babydoc for hosting, a duty which included arranging the venues, opening their home inside and out as practice space, feeding the masses (over and over and over!!), clothing us in powder blue finery, commissioning the Stairway for Heaving, letting us park on the scenery, getting group discount lodging, and cheerfully putting up with the cranky, lost-despite-GPS, perennially late, fly-attracting lot of us.

thanks to those who played, sang or mugged for the "it's not punk" (or the the jazzy-funky …) set. I know it wasn't easy getting thru our rehearsals; but in the end you all got up of stage and proved yourselves. 8)

and thanks to those who invited me play in their sets. it's always my pleasure to play with and for my friends.

-=Greg (Twang!!)

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 02/08/2010 9:26 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Great Time Was Had By All

Some of the Highlights for me

Marilyn's set at The Flash

The Hospitality of The Lasleys

Wayne's treatment of Roswell New Mexico

The Venues were GREAT!

Doing the camera work during the Jazz set and trying to catch all the solos

Playing on Sara's song

The natural beauty of The Brandywine Valley

OH HECK EVERTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:note1: :note1: :note1:

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 03/08/2010 12:39 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

it was a good time indeed!. many thanks and tips-o-the-hat to Laz and Babydoc for hosting, a duty which included arranging the venues, opening their home inside and out as practice space, feeding the masses (over and over and over!!), clothing us in powder blue finery, commissioning the Stairway for Heaving, letting us park on the scenery, getting group discount lodging, and cheerfully putting up with the cranky, lost-despite-GPS, perennially late, fly-attracting lot of us.

Massive massive +1 to that. And then some.

This RSJ was great fun to be a part of - I met so many wonderful people who share a passion for music and fun. And 28 musicians with very little ego involved is an amazing feat at any occasion, so props to everyone for being so chill and sharing.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 03/08/2010 3:12 pm
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

Fun and wonderful indeed! Great to see everyone and enjoyed every minute! OK almost every minute. Still. Killing. Flies... Thanks to GNease for buying the flyswatter!

Posted : 04/08/2010 8:18 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Thanks to GNease for buying the flyswatter!

Or someone could have played 'Blood Metal/Gangsta Rap' at amp volume max'd out and they would happily kill themselves... :lol:

Posted : 04/08/2010 8:39 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

WOW. Sounds like it was a great time. I am so sorry I missed it. I had every intention of going but I received a call from a friend who's band was making their debut and had to show my support. Can't wait to see the vids!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 05/08/2010 12:00 am
Page 2 / 2