Notifications
Clear all

Sabbatical

36 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@peejay)
Estimable Member

Just don't forget to check in on the Bass Players forum occasionally, because you know while you're gone posts will be piling up. If you were gone for a year, just think what a struggle it would be to have to come back and read both new posts there. :lol:

Posted : 17/09/2007 12:04 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good luck, Vic.

I know the feeling. I'm having those same sentiments except I don't have much to fall back on.

Cya ya down the road!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/09/2007 1:30 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Sounds like a plan, Vic. All the best.
Looking forward to the first posting in Hear Here.
:)

Don

Posted : 17/09/2007 1:36 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I guess it is difficult to know how to dedicate our time to several activities. I have been multi-hobby, multi-job always. GN is great but also is highly time consumption. Always there are very interesesting topics to read, always there are people to help.

Vic, it was a pleasure read your messages here. I'll miss you. Come on! Go and write great songs!

Good luck and take care.

Nuno

Posted : 17/09/2007 1:42 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Best of luck to you Vic. You will be missed around here for sure. I think it's a great thing you are doing. I'm really looking forward to hearing the results of your work. Please do not forget us and make sure you post those "polished up gems" when you are done with them.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Matt

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/09/2007 2:39 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

OK just fine, then.... :evil:

Just kidding! I expect to be receiving sound files from you!!! And emails! The occasional phone call would be nice, too! I'll miss you around here and I hope you'll be checking in and posting your recordings for everyone to hear!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/09/2007 3:00 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

Why can't you do both? There's got to be a few minutes every few days or so when you are not playing to log on, or are you that addicted once you get on.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 17/09/2007 3:41 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Take care, dude.

Pop in from time to time to let us know how you're doing.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 17/09/2007 4:07 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Vic,

I know you won't be gone for long :P but good luck and all that, you've always been a much appreciated poster here.

Talk to you in a bit

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 17/09/2007 4:17 pm
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Enjoy your time away Vic.

Hope you reach your goal and get some really good recordings done! :)
Oh, and if we could hear them, that'd be swell :mrgreen:

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 17/09/2007 5:27 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

What I don't understand about these "I won't be around for while" posts is why is it all or nothing? Certainly you are not going to be working on these tunes 24 hrs a day? What's 20 minutes popping into GN to see what's what? You can see by my profile that I've been a member for over 3 years, and I only have 300 posts! But I still log on every evening to see what's interesting in guitar noise land!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 17/09/2007 10:32 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just popped in for a minute or two....

Actually, I pretty much AM working on songs around the clock - I've got a short-list (ha, that's a misnomer if ever there was one!) of about 80 - eight-oh, EIGHTY! - songs I want to record. Each of them, at the moment, consists of lyrics and maybe a melody, or a rhythm guitar part. All of them need a bass-line working out, guitar parts working out - acoustic? electric? slide?, a keyboard part and a drum track programming. Still finding my way around the drum-machine, but I'm getting there. Then each part has to be played - talking about 7-8 tracks for most songs, some even more - and recorded. One mistake and that particular cut has to be scrapped....and re-done.

I'm hoping to get about three songs a day done - more will be a bonus.

I'm not the most disciplined of people at the best of times, and I'm not at my best when trying to record...I get cranky, tense and make mistakes. I'm finished rcording for tonight, I've got several tracks with rhythm, bass and drums done - I'll finish some of them tomorrow. For now, it's a cuppa tea and an early night - it's only 00.38, but I want to be up and rockin' early......

I'll check in as and when I can.....

All the best, and thanks for all the good wishes,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/09/2007 11:40 pm
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Yeh good luck Vic mind you its harder than you think LOL I have often said I'm not posting any more because of the time factor but I somehow always manage to find some. music is a drug and so are music boards.

Either way go for it but don't stay away too long and become a stranger.

Gerrry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Posted : 18/09/2007 7:51 am
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Vic wrote:
Just popped in for a minute or two....

See! I knew you'd be back Vic if only for a min.

Ayway Rodders and I will miss you on the forums. Best of luck with the music mate. I'll be a regular visitor to Soundclick to listen in on your progress. See you around and maybe on hotmail too.

All the best

Chris.

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 19/09/2007 7:19 am
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

You're dead on right Vic, you are never to old and anyone who tells you you are doesn't know their hind end from the soundhole on a gibson hummingbird.
You're only 2 years older than me, I made the decision last year and I haven't looked back. I play enough that with the bit of teaching I'm doing I don't have to work a "straight" job anymore.
I've got enough stuff written and some interest from smaller labels that I am finally putting my own "Structure that retains water" band to go into the studio and begin recording for a hopefully spring release.

I've herard the stuff you write Vic, it's killer so go for it, don't let anyone stop you.

Oh yeah and be on the look out for the new release from the Relics in stores near you spring of 08 :D

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 19/09/2007 12:25 pm
Page 2 / 3