Clear all

Shameless Pitch for my nine year old

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@colin-rp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

My nine year old daughter, Rhea, has entered a singing contest at the local radio station and has done a fabulous job carrying the tune. You can vote for her by clicking this link http://ckrv.com/pages/7853722.php [/url] and voting for contestant number 15, Rhea Proctor, and help achieve her dream of going to her first ever rock concert on the week of her birthday
cheers!
Colin

Posted : 24/08/2010 3:47 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Done, voted. As of now she has 7% of the vote, I hope that everyone will add to it. Dad can be proud anyway.

BTW, she does a nice job singing, gives it great emphasis and feeling, and takes a very good picture - future singer?! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 24/08/2010 11:25 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hey, I tried to vote again, but I see that they have that covered. I listened anyway, and tried. Still 7% and more worthy!

Know what? Take her to the concert anyway, or let her go with some realiable and youthful elders. :shock:

I took one of my daughters when she was younger, and she just had to put up with ol' dad being there. :lol:

We went to Radio Stations to meet some of the acts, Much Music (I couldn't get in - just 4 kids) and so on.

The last time we made the rounds and did the meet 'n greet in Toronto, it was for the Killers, we both liked them.

With my youngest, she couldn't watch. She was either in the concerts, or was a stage hand at the same age as yours. :roll:

Oh, and my guess is that your daughter is a seasoned performer. I've been around dancers, gymnasts, skaters, singers.

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 24/08/2010 3:25 pm
(@colin-rp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Definitely one way or another she's going. I figure though since she went through the effort to rehearse and got up her nerve to sing and then listened to the radio constantly so she could phone in and be caller number #1. As well, since then she's taken the initiative to poster various places with public computer stations with vote for Rhea posters. So obviously I am impressed with all her positive intention and hard work and just think it would be awesome if she achieved her best case scenario in this. thanks for your positivity. It really made her glow when I read your response about her singing to her.
:D :D :D

Posted : 24/08/2010 3:52 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Done.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 24/08/2010 6:49 pm
(@colin-rp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

So Rhea has moved into a tie for third place with 8% of the vote. Check it out and consider giving her a really big ego boost by voting for her at http://ckrv.com/pages/7853722.php
:)

Posted : 02/09/2010 3:17 am
(@colin-rp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

The contest end tomorrow morning and so will this promotion, ha ha ha. Rhea is still at 8% and just out of the running in fourth place. So clear your cookies and vote for a terrific kid at http://ckrv.com/pages/7853722.php .
:D :D :D

Posted : 06/09/2010 4:27 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Back to School day, eh? And today's THE day - I couldn't even vote this morning!

I had other's listen (Rhea can definitely sing) and add a vote per day, each day since you posted.

I see that she maintained an 8%, and I wondered "how" mathematically, but I see, other's who were tied slipped in their percentages.

I believe the winner will tally 13%, there's 3 contestants at 11% and as far as I can tell, the 9 percenter is gone, making 8% next in line?

Good Luck! :D

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 07/09/2010 12:55 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

How did your contest go, and the concert? We voted and voted, and that's legit - we heard the others. Tough lyrics and tune, but your daughter sang well! All the best, fellow-Canucks! 8)

Like a bird on the wire,

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:26 pm
(@colin-rp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Sorry about not posting an update on the contest until now. We were on sales and sampling trip/summer holiday on the coast with our four kids and decided to stay until Tuesday morning to avoid ferry line ups (we still had three hours) to the mainland on labour day. Suffice to say we've been running like mad all week trying to catch up. Rhea ended at 8% and held fourth place just out of the prizes. Unfortunately for her and particularly for the kids who sang on Friday the radio station chose to close the voting that evening when they had said it would be going on until midnight on Sunday. That obviously left residual feelings of frustration which I'm not going to explore here but oh well learning good sportsmanship is a lesson I keep telling myself I need to evolve into, and it was really fun getting behind Rhea. Especially as she really invested so much of herself in her endeavor and did such a great job singing. It was particularly gratifying seeing her sisters and brother being totally supportive and to realize and remember that friends are everywhere. As a parent it is really humbling when I see my kids spread their wings and follow their dreams. As a father of four that's pretty much just about every second of the day. I just have open my eyes and it's always happening. Amazing!!! We are still pulling strings for concert tickets on Monday but have some good leads and will fill you in on how it goes. All the best and thanks so much for helping our daughter.

Posted : 12/09/2010 6:08 am