Slash plays on . . .

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

... after a collision with a drunk fan (at about 3:45 into the video)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 16/06/2010 11:40 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I didn't wait for the whole thing to load, but the splash image showed that the assailant was a rather big dude. I'll search out tomorrow for a shorter clip.

Probably beats the time when Axl did his drama-queen, head first dive two rows deep at a guy. Spewing out something like "I'm a little mary" or something like that before storming off.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/06/2010 1:39 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

As Bugs Bunny would say..."What a maroon".

I have his solo stuff - "Slash's Snakepit". It features Eric Dover on vocals. I really like it. I think the guy has much more talent than Axel.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/06/2010 2:59 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

And great job of the bodyguard!

Alcohol...

Edit: Another video (at 1:15)

Posted : 17/06/2010 9:53 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The show must go on!

There's a lot of things that could have happened or handled different. Little things. I'm a little confused why the guitar tech (assuming it was his show tech) thought to go get the guitar, but not bring one to replace it? Surely he has backup. I mean, being good is something, but he got full posession of the guitar at 1:52 and returns with it at 2:12. Nobody runs 50 feet and around a corner, repairs a tuning peg or knob, gets it in tune and brings it back out on stage in 20 seconds.

That was still a pretty darned good tackle that the stagehand did. In one move he grabbed the guy, pulled him off Slash (which lead to guitar damage) and turned him aside the other way on the way down so that he wasn't going to land on the floor with tubbo landing on him.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/06/2010 12:36 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I bet the bouncers gave him a good whooping outside...

Blueline that's the kind of stuff you have to deal with when you own a club.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 17/06/2010 2:05 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Nobody runs 50 feet and around a corner, repairs a tuning peg or knob, gets it in tune and brings it back out on stage in 20 seconds.

It looks like the techie ran out to fix the pedal and then Slash pointed out the broken guitar to him.
I assumed the techie just went around the corner to get a replacement guitar.
Probably standard procedure in a concert.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/06/2010 3:44 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I bet the bouncers gave him a good whooping outside...

Blueline that's the kind of stuff you have to deal with when you own a club.

You bet! Security is top priority!
Lemme at em! Lemme at em!

KR-- Nice shot there! Where was it taken?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 18/06/2010 3:34 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Ah, KR2, that's the element I was missing. I thought he had come out to snag the guitar.

Regardless, idiots are idiots everywhere. I don't understand why boneheads need to rush ip on stage, or even out on to a ball field for that matter. Rough profession. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get body-slammed for writing some poor db schema.

Roy

Posted : 18/06/2010 4:15 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

KR-- Nice shot there! Where was it taken?
http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/aug08/articles/gtrtech.htm

Posted : 18/06/2010 10:50 pm