Notifications
Clear all

something's weird

30 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member

What's going on with the site, I have cleared my history/cache/cookies. I even went so far as to shut off my antivirus completely and still can't get on the front page, the only place I can go is the forums, which is nice, but I would still like to look at the lessons and what not. I really don't want to have to find another lesson site it took me a year and a half to find this one. :evil:

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted : 10/07/2008 7:01 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Can you email me a screenshot of any errors?

We are looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted : 11/07/2008 12:09 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

There seems to be a problem that is only affecting users of IE6. I'm working on a solution but it's not going to be instantaneous.

If possible, please upgrade to IE7 or use Firefox. We'll try and get this sorted out as soon as we can.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 11/07/2008 3:04 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Hi,

I've also had intermittent problems connecting to GN over the past two or three days. At those times, I.E.7. has been unable to connect, whilst it's had no problem at all with other sites during the same time. But if I try 10 or 15 minutes later then it has usually worked OK. The last episode was about 10 minute ago, and I've just managed to get on for the first time this morning. Whether it has been something at the site, or a server along the chain, I've no idea. But I'm pretty sure it's not with me - I have several machines and I run clean and secure systems.

Chris

I seem to be having the same problems as Chris today.. sometimes I can get on, sometimes not. :roll:

Dan
Same happens often for me; goes away usually after a few minutes. IE7 and/or Firefox.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 11/07/2008 3:14 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

The problem should be fixed now. Hopefully you're still with us.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 12/07/2008 1:10 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks alot! Working fine now and I want to say thanks to Nick for changing the subject for me. :lol: I was just a little flustered cause my favorite site wouldn't load ..... no it was nothing bad ... it was just an akronym for something bad. :roll: :mrgreen: I'm all set now. :note2: :note1:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 12/07/2008 1:29 pm
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member

ROCK ON!!! I'm back in. :D I don't know what you did but, thanks. By the way I love the new look. 8)

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted : 12/07/2008 1:55 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

The new home page looks really nice & is much more organized than it has been. Thanks Paul! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/07/2008 12:26 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

TR, something did change about I week ago I was not able to log onto the site I kept getting a message that the site was unavalable.

I finally was able to log on yesterday.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 14/07/2008 12:24 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

A big, big, big thanks to Lee N who pointed us to the culprit...

Posted : 14/07/2008 12:56 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi again,

Unfortunately it seems to have started to play up again. :(

This morning (7a.m. Wednesday morning West Australian time) I was reading and posting when the site when dead. I tried again at regular intervals, but neither rebooting, cache clearing, or just repeated attempts to connect to any part of the Guitarnoise site would work. All the other sites that I tried were fine. It was nearly 2 hours before it became available again.

Chris

EDIT:

No specific error message, just the generic one saying:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.

Posted : 15/07/2008 11:56 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Site's been down about 4 hours or so here, I've just managed to get back in - although, instead of being automatically logged in, I had to enter my username and password.

The error message I got was something about a Domain Name Server being unavailable - unfortunately, I've only just read Nick's "please send me a screenshot of any error messages" post, or I'd have taken more notice!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2008 12:23 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Later...

Back on again after another shut out, this afternoon. Not sure how long - maybe half an hour or more. Same error message about not being able to connect to the site.

Posted : 16/07/2008 7:36 am
(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

If the problem isn't obvious, check the access logs. Maybe someone got a hold of the admin login on the server and is playing games. It seemed like the site was completely shut down. My suggestion, change the administrator account password if you suspect this.

Posted : 16/07/2008 12:30 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

8:40 a.m. here in moosouri.
just now able to access site since trying repeatably since 6:00 a.m.
403 error sorry i didn't take notes other than that.
funny tho, i did not have to log in

#4491....

Posted : 16/07/2008 12:43 pm
Page 2 / 2