Notifications
Clear all

Sorrow turns to Joy

54 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

awww....bring them inside and make them your pets.

Posted : 05/07/2007 2:45 am
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Very cool story. So glad it had a happy ending. :)

Posted : 05/07/2007 3:26 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Your grandbaby is a little cutie Bish. :D Did she like the fireworks, or did she get scared? I remember running to the car with my son during his first fireworks show. He didn't like the loud noises like most babies. There was a little guy less than a year old at the show tonight, and he slept right through it!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/07/2007 4:47 am
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

It's always nice to hear a story with a happy ending :) Ya done real well.

Posted : 05/07/2007 11:05 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

Way to go BISH!!!!!! you can't help feeling good after hearing a story like that :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 06/07/2007 12:36 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Or after all the kudo's from you great people. 8)

BTW, we are down to two.

Two have left the yard from what I can tell.

I was hand feeding the other two some lettuce this morning. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/07/2007 1:17 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Nice one Bish

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 06/07/2007 1:43 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, causnorign and Paul! 8)

Bish

Posted : 06/07/2007 2:11 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Bubby and grandma both look lovely, congratulations! :)

Posted : 06/07/2007 11:44 am
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

8)
I had a rabbit for several years; really made a lovable pet.
Word to the wise: their teeth grow continuously through their life, so they'll chew on anything to shave 'em down. Keep them away from any cables connecting your gear! :)

Edit: Missed this page and the update. Hope they all make it on their own!

Don

Posted : 06/07/2007 1:44 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

wow Bish, brought back some memories of when I was in college sitting outside the science building after a chemistry class I'm looking in the bushes and what do I see 5 baby rabbits huddled together with no mother around.

I got a box and brought them inside to the biology department but they didn't want them so i ended up taking them home.

I thought they were doing OK for about a week and my plan was to release them when they got a bit bigger but one day I went to check on them and all but one died and it looked like they attacked each other or something. Man was I sad I felt so bad that I couldn't help them.

I've always been a critter collector since I was small. Brought home squirrels, rabbits, snakes, turles youname it I brought it home.

On a brighter note I was able to save a turtle from being crushed on the road here at work last week.

Your making some points with the guy upstairs!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/07/2007 2:01 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

On a brighter note I was able to save a turtle from being crushed on the road here at work last week.
Good for you!

The Eastern Box Turtle is endangered now. Largely because they get run over.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 06/07/2007 2:50 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ric,

I think it was a small painted turtle had red on the underside of the shell around the edges. Definitely wasn't a box turtle I've had several of those in years past. They have a brownish copper color and the top of the shell has fairly distinctive pattern.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/07/2007 3:32 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yep. Had a gorgeous big old male one here recently.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 06/07/2007 4:03 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

wow Bish, brought back some memories of when I was in college sitting outside the science building after a chemistry class I'm looking in the bushes and what do I see 5 baby rabbits huddled together with no mother around.

I got a box and brought them inside to the biology department but they didn't want them so i ended up taking them home.

I thought they were doing OK for about a week and my plan was to release them when they got a bit bigger but one day I went to check on them and all but one died and it looked like they attacked each other or something. Man was I sad I felt so bad that I couldn't help them.

I've always been a critter collector since I was small. Brought home squirrels, rabbits, snakes, turles youname it I brought it home.

Your making some points with the guy upstairs!

That's a weird and wonderous episode with your bunnies, to say the least. At least you tried. Good one saving the turtle, too. We are a compassionate lot, aren't we? :D

Oh BTW, I found the third bunny, the one that had almost drown. He's now venturing about the yard. Wife thought I'd lost another but I was confident, he still needs me. :wink:

Bish

Posted : 06/07/2007 6:31 pm
Page 2 / 4