Clear all

Southern Roots @ Colonial Heights Moose Lodge

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

. . . or That's the way the G string detonates!

We hadn't been at this lodge in almost 2 years. They'd been struggling with fading membership and hadn't had the funds to afford a band for a while. Anyway, the lodge administrator had tracked us down at the last American Legion and booked us for this NASCAR Race Day show. There were presentations, drawings, one AWESOME buffet spread, and a crowd of about 100 that came primarily because they'd heard us at other shows in the area! That kinda gave us a nice ego boost.

One of the things we did at this show was debut our new stage dress, rather than the classic "clone" look we'd been using. I'll link some pics in the thread - but it's a nice change from that hot old vest.

Plus, we had an early start/stop time and the show ran 7:30 to 11:00 PM. It was really nice being done with load out by midnight, and home before 1 AM, rather than 3 or 4 in the morning.

With all the starts and stops for other activities, we wound up doing about three sets of mostly "classic" country with a dash of beach, blues and Rolling Stones to cover requests. Speaking of Stones, the solo in that one wound up with a bang - as my G string snapped in half! It's such an interesting challenge to finish a song with one string missing!

(Dinner bell - I'll be back)

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 28/04/2013 6:02 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

That's AWESOME that you had SO MANY show up b/c they heard you at other shows in the area!!! That's what we all strive for!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK Moonrider!! :D

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 09/05/2013 4:31 pm