Clear all

Squier 51's for sale

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Honestly, no-one ever talks about how wonderful the neck pickups are on this thing. I use my 51' as a blues machine. The neck pickup is buttah... The humbucker is alright. Honestly, I'm going to replace mine with a humbucker sized P90 from GFS. I'm getting a Epiphone with EMG HZ pickups for my distorted rock sounds. These things were worth the neck pickup and neck alone when they sold for 100 dollars. It really makes me sad to see them discontinue these things. Does anyone know why they stopped coming?

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 25/03/2008 11:56 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I too love the neck pickup, i play it thru my badmonkey into my little crate 30 watt and it oozes mojo.
i really like the bridge pickup as well but I'm thinking a "Pearly Gates" in there would be killer!
I also do not understand the halting production of these great little monsters,they probably are going to introduce a full Fender version before long and wanted to rid the market of all the Squiers.
Who knows tho? Fender/Squier have so many freakin' models that it's impossible to keep them straight without a scorecard.

#4491....

Posted : 26/03/2008 8:53 am
Page 2 / 2