22 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
11.8 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

OK........... let me address some things that have been brought to my attention

#1. Yes, there will be a wedding. No, it WILL NOT be the main focus of the evening. The whole thing will take maybe 20 minutes maximum. When I started planning this and knew we would need a full stage setup, I figured the best way to accomplish that would be to ask my band to play a set or two (and let the GNer's come up and join in or take over). The next week our bass player asked me if it would be a terrible inconvenience if he and Jenice (the woman he's been living with for 9 years) got married that night. That THEY would entirely pay for the hall rental as well as the buffet dinner (which meant that I wouldn't have to ask any of y'all to chip in). All they want is a short wedding and a BIG party. (They had been planning to go to a Justice of the Peace to get the deed done.)

The band members also totally like the idea of maybe being able to teach some of you something (probably one on one), whether it's a riff, a strum pattern, a lead part and to have every interested GNer come up on stage to join in for a gigantic jam! Those of you who feel like you're not ready to set foot on a stage will be more than welcome to play from the audience or just sit there and party and listen.

#2. I actually called England and spoke to Vic on the phone today (just LOVE his accent, btw!!). HE IS COMING!!!!!! The only problem is that he may have to book his flight a few days later than originally anticipated but that he WOULD be here for the 19th. So for those of you who weren't coming if Vic didn't come.......... HE'S COMING!!!!! (And so is Marilyn and Pet!) Vic's still having computer problems so he hasn't been able to get on or stay online for any length of time to give his explanations. Hope mine will suffice for the time being!!

#3. Yes, there will be a second band, "The Household Gods", which just happens to be MarvelousOptimist's band (a GNer!!!). They will take the stage around 10 or so and do a set or two. Then, depending on time and interest, once "The Household Gods" have done their thing, we'll open the stage back up for more jamming.

So, basically, what this boils down to is this: It's a GN party (with some extra non-GN musicians thrown in for good measure) that will just happen to have a tiny, small wedding at the very beginning and after that it's strictly PARTY and JAM time. If anyone has any questions, PM me. I check every day (sometimes several times a day) and I'll try to answer questions the best I can. Hope this clarifies some things for some who were worrying a bit that the whole thing had been turned into a wedding. I also feel like I need to explain why I worded the invitation the way I did..... It's also the same invitation that the bride and groom are going to give to their family and friends, so I felt that the wedding needed to be mentioned first.

Does this explain it all???

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/01/2005 10:46 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I actually said "It might be a couple of days later than planned but I'll do my DAMNDEST to be there for the 19th"......

That's a promise - I will do everything humanly posssible to be there....but I'm depending on the knidness and goodwill of lawyers.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/02/2005 12:40 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

If your waiting for a lawyer to do something for you, your screwed!!

Sorry to have to tell you that.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 01/02/2005 3:54 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"It'll all be sorted out by Xmas.........

"It'll be sorted by the first week in January...."

"It'll be sorted out next week...."

"It'll be sorted out this week"

Oh just a couple of forms to be signed....and then....

"It'll all be sorted out in a couple of weeks......"

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHH...........

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/02/2005 11:34 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

OK, y'all, I hate to be a demanding b-witch but we're exactly TWO WEEKS away from this party and I still don't know who is or isn't coming. I've only heard from Slipperman as "for sure", and I would HATE to have him drive 7 hours only to find out that he's the only GNer there. I also keep hearing through other people what other people are saying (or whining about) If there's only going to be one or two GN'ers show up, and Marv's band isn't coming because of his reservations about the wedding and a bunch of others aren't going to show because Vic might or might not be here, I NEED TO KNOW THIS NOW!!!!! If y'all decide NOT to do this I need to know so that I can get another band or two (because I don't intend to play all night), and change the "theme" into more of a wedding thing and I've got TWO WEEKS to do it in. After all the trouble I've gone through to put this together, all I know for sure is that I will be partying my butt off on the 19th. So, I need to know ASAP whether or not the GN participants are actually going to show up and participate. If you are.... wonderful! If not... I can invite some people that I didn't invite to fill the party out. TELL ME WHAT TO DO............PLEASE!!!!! If it turns out to be a no-go for this Feb. we can try it a little later in the year. Maybe Vic will have his finances in order by then, since it appears that quite a few of you are basing your decision on him. ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU LET ME KNOW ONE WAY OR ANOTHER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! And, I hate to say it, but, if I DON"T hear from you I'm going to have to assume that the GN part is OFF and go ahead with the changes I mentioned above. Sorry to be a nag (or a b-witch, if you prefer), but I just can't wait until the 18th for y'all to make up your minds. I've got things to do.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 05/02/2005 6:48 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear about all the ifs, ands and buts....

I was one of those waiting to see the Vic/Pet connection. As of yesterday evening, still no word that they are going to make it. At this late date, I won't be able to arrange things at work and home to be there.

I'm out.

Posted : 05/02/2005 7:22 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member

We're still on Elecktra. I was hoping to play for a more GN audience but you said we'd go over with hte younger folks... so we'll be there.

-marv

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 05/02/2005 8:57 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Bloody Canadians!!!

I posted this post last night and it wasn't even anything ladyland worthy for a change so I don't know what happened to it :?

So anyway *Re-Post*

I didn't want to say anything before because we know about hatching chickens right?...........In this case though it needs to be said.
Hopefully tomorrow (Monday 7th Febuary) I'll be booking my ticket and I will be coming to the ball.....er I mean GN party. Although I may be a day later than originally planned, I should be in time to spend the 14th with Marv :mrgreen: and well in time for certain other events too. Don't forget EB I'll be expecting you at 70's night (You get extra points for originality :lol: ).

So get your glad rags on pour us a drink and lets do what we're coming here to do.......... PARTY!!!! (play what guitar? Huh?).

No-one thinks your a bi@tch, I think I speak for everyone (if I don't its pointy boots time) we all appreciate you organaising everything that side of the (stupid) ocean.

Posted : 06/02/2005 4:25 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

After such an underwhelming response, the only thing left for me to do is "kill" the GN part of the party. I've always understood Twisty's very good reasons for backing out, and I completely understand Vic's situation, and I understand Nick's reasons. So, unless I hear from Slipperman, there will be a grand total of THREE GNers at the party (me, Pet and MarvelousOptimist, and his band, if they still want to play, Oh! and you can't forget Des!). The theme is now WEDDING and if the Household Gods do come, we'll have three live bands throughout the night. And we're going to have a helluva party! It's a shame y'all are choosing to miss it.

Now, it's my turn to complain a bit about the simple concept of consideration of and for other people. Do any of you realize how much time and energy I put into this for YOU? Do you realize that if Jay and Jenice hadn't asked to be married there I would already be out literally HUNDREDS of dollars just to get the hall (half of which is non-refundable)......... that's not even mentioning the food and beer. I would have let the person who was doing all of this (in this case... Me) know the absolute MOMENT I figured out that I couldn't make it/ didn't want to make it/ won't be there for whatever reason. I just can't help wondering what has happened to basic manners and consideration. Is it a concept that only exists in this part of Texas? Right now I am so angry not at all of GN, but those who just couldn't be bothered and they know exactly who they are. IF anyone EVER decides to have another Texas party/seminar, someone else is going to have to put it together because I have volunteered for the last time, I'm not going to be put in this position again.

I'll still do the database, but you may not see me around the forums for a little while. As the Governator said "I'll be back", and maybe by spending less time on the forums the database will go more quickly.

Thank you for letting me vent and if there are any of you who would still like to come............COME! You'll be more than welcome but there will be NO seminars, NO jams, just a big ol' party! I hope this is the last time you will have to see this side of me.......

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 07/02/2005 10:04 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

:? - Need a hug?

Posted : 10/02/2005 4:51 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I need a hug.................

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Vic

Posted : 11/02/2005 4:35 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

*HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS**HUGS*

Posted : 12/02/2005 3:51 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well I'll be seeing some of Y'ALL pretty soon< I'm just leaving my house now and heading for the airport.

TEXAS PET!!- Ye HARRR, There be pirates here :wink: :lol:

Posted : 12/02/2005 3:53 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, Ye HARRR, matey girl! It'll be raining when you get here but Valentines Day is supposed to be 70 degrees F. and sunshiney! :D Can't wait to meet y'all face to face!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 12/02/2005 10:44 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well I have finally arrived at the airport and nothings changed - I still hate London.

Only a few hours to wait before I can check in - bleh.

Anyway raining or not it'll be a damn site warmer than it is here thats for sure, in the words of our very own VicLewis "It's colder than a witches tit!!!"

Can somebody tell me where the hell is Charlotte? I have a connection there but have no idea where it is.

So Laughing Lady - Soooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!

Posted : 13/02/2005 3:30 am
Page 1 / 2