Clear all

Thank you all so much....

26 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you to all of my Guitarnoise friends for your kind words and your best wishes. For those of our GN family who don't know yet, my partner Marilyn passed away late on Friday night. We'd been together almost 14 years, it was third time lucky for both of us. We shared a lot of good times, some bad times, but mostly it was all good - and I reckon about 90-95% of all the songs I've written for the SSG started with Marilyn. I'm a little bit drunk now, celebrating the good times - I know I posted a sng on Soundclick that I hope does her justice but I can't find the link. Never mind, I'll find it again tommorow sometime. I do know that one one thread on FB there were 21/25 GN friends expressing their sympathies.

Thank you all so very very much!

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:45 am
(@davidhodge)

Here's the link to Vic's song.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=225059&songID=11499554&showPlayer=true

Again, our hearts and thoughts go out to you and your family, Vic. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Peace

Posted : 12/03/2012 1:20 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Vic. my deepest sympathies go out to you. I am sorry to hear of your great loss.
anytime you need anything get ahold of me.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 12/03/2012 12:04 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Im very sorry to hear of your loss... Keep thinking of the good and enjoy what you had!!!

Paul B

Posted : 12/03/2012 1:52 pm
(@alangreen)

Im very sorry to hear of your loss... Keep thinking of the good and enjoy what you had!!!

Same here, mate.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 12/03/2012 5:19 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Vic,

I'm VERY sorry to hear about losing Marilyn. You had talked about her so often I felt as if I knew her myself.

How are you and the rest of the family holding up?

Anything you need...just say so.

Bish

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:29 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It's very difficult to imagine what you're going through - I have a fear of how I would feel if I lost my wife.

At times like this words are inadequate. Nonetheless, my sincere condolences - 14 years is a long time to share a life. Remember her for the good things that she gave you.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 13/03/2012 6:43 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

My prayers are with you and your family Vic.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 13/03/2012 6:41 pm
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

My condolences, Vic.

Your recording of 'Carry Me Home' is a fine tribute to Marilyn. My thoughts will be with you in the coming days.

Casey

Take care,

Casey

Posted : 13/03/2012 8:42 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Vic, my friend, I'm very sorry to hear about losing Marilyn. My condolences.

Take care.

(Thank you, David, for writing about it in the newsletter... although I'm starting to hate the moment when I read those e-mails, lately they don't bring good news.)

Posted : 15/03/2012 4:23 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Vic,

So sorry to hear of Marilyn's passing. You're in my thoughts. Stay strong & remember all of the good times you both had together.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/03/2012 12:00 am
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I am so sorry to hear about your terrible loss , Vic . Upon reading about this , I had to get up and give my wife a hug and kiss . We too often take for granted that our loved ones are going to be there when we need them . Sometimes we need to be reminded of how empty our lives would be if they were not around . The thought of it scares me . Be strong and keep family and friends close by . Peace be with you .

Sincerely ,
Diceman

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

Posted : 16/03/2012 1:29 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I hope you are doing better today, Vic. When I read your post on Facebook, my heart sunk. I was telling my wife and could feel myself choking up a bit. Obviously, I had never met you or Marilyn in person, but through GN and Facebook, I had a real sense of your relationship. Just like most of us, there are good and not so good times, but it always seems to be the good times best remembered when we lose someone.

Jim (York)

Posted : 16/03/2012 6:49 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Vic, I'm so sorry to hear about Marilyn. I didn't see the previous references so had no idea what had happened. As Greybeard said, words are inadequate and there's nothing I can say that will make any difference. But you have friends around the world now and please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything we can do.

Chris

Posted : 20/03/2012 10:46 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Yep. Big ditto on that, Chris...

Absolutely nothing anyone can say will help...but this is the time your guitar and your soul really hook up. Go with it, Buddy...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 21/03/2012 4:13 am
Page 1 / 2