Thank you all so much....

26 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hi Vic,
I don't log on as much as I used to. So I apologize for posting my condolences so late.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
And I hope the fond memories of Marilyn can carry you through some of your heartache.
Best wishes to you, mate.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 22/03/2012 4:42 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

My condolences Vic.

Couldn't have said it any better.

And I hope the fond memories of Marilyn can carry you through some of your heartache.
Best wishes to you, mate.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 25/03/2012 1:15 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you all so much again for your kind words. Marilyn would have been so gratified to know that people from all over the world sent messages of condolence!

It's been a horrible couple of weeks, culminating with the funeral on Friday - but it was a beautiful service and her granddaughter, Lauren, who won't be 18 for a couple of weeks yet, sang a truly magnificent, beautiful and moving version of Sara McLachlan's "In The Arms Of An Angel" in the church. Marilyn would have been so proud of her - she was so looking forward to watching Lauren on the X-Factor in a few week's time, she's already passed three auditions - her next step is the LIVE auditions.

One good thing has come out of all this - Marilyn's oldest daughter, who was estranged from the rest of her children, has been welcomed back into the fold - life's too short to hold grudges. The whole family's rallied around and we've all been there for each other.

Oh and just to let you know, "Carry Me Home" got to #3 in the Blues General chart on Soundclick, out of 21,856 songs and it got to #7 in Blues out of 48,767 songs. Thank you all - yet again! - for taking the time and trouble to listen and all your kind comments, especially on facebook. It got to #5 in Blues General, then went down to #11 - then the day after the latest GN newsletter came out, it shot back up to #3 and stayed there a couple of days. I was even ahead of Kirk Lorange for a while!

Once again, thank you all for your sympathy and your support - your kind words have helped me so much through the last couple of weeks.

:-) :-) :-) (I can still raise a smile, knowing I've got so many people looking out for me.....)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/03/2012 1:46 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Good to hear from you Vic .... I was beginning to worry but knew you were having a very difficult time. You know if it weren't for the geographic boundries I'd have paid you a visit. I've neve been to England but my people came from there ..... two hundred and some odd years ago ... they were those upstart colonists. :lol: My brother traced the family tree back to the revolution but most certainly the sir name is from England. Just want you to know I've been thinking of you my friend.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 26/03/2012 2:38 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea Vic it's gotta be tough hang in there, we are looking out for you too!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 26/03/2012 11:58 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Vic, GN has always been a big family. We'll be speaking about football in a few weeks again.

Your Spanish cousin :wink:

Posted : 26/03/2012 9:34 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good to hear from you Vic .... I was beginning to worry but knew you were having a very difficult time. You know if it weren't for the geographic boundaries I'd have paid you a visit. Just want you to know I've been thinking of you my friend.

My sentiments exactly!

Thanks, TRG.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 27/03/2012 1:47 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Vic, I'm very sorry to hear about Marilyn it's amazing how one person can touch the lives of so many others even on the other side of the world. Through your songs and posts I feel that I have had a glimse of who she was. All the best my friend. Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 27/03/2012 2:03 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hi Vic, sorry I'm so late. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad some good has come from it with the estranged daughter and all. Keep fighting through the lows and enjying the fond memories.

My best to everyone.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 29/03/2012 11:06 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Vic, I'm so sorry, but i have only just noticed this thread. I know I haven't been around GN much lately although i do drop in on the odd occasion. But aside from all that please accept my belated condolences and know that my thoughts are with you.
You have been a great help during my years with GN. the feedback I received from you was always constructive and encouraging and helped me persevere with guitar and try more difficult things.
I'm sure that Marylin's support through the years you were together was a great help and encouragement to you, which in the long run would have made you the person you are.
My good wishes go out to you and I am sure you will manage to overcome this trying and difficult time.

Rod.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 30/03/2012 5:59 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Vic, I am so sorry to hear about your wife. Please accept my deepest condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 02/04/2012 3:59 am
Page 2 / 2