Notifications
Clear all

The Missing Years....

25 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I was just thinking about you last week! I haven't been around here much lately myself.Good to hear from you :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 25/03/2011 1:07 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey, I was just thinking about you last week! I haven't been around here much lately myself.Good to hear from you :D

Ditto! :)

I looked around and couldn't spot your name. Last time I was here you were having some sort of health problems if I remember rightly (was it heart related?). So I rather wondered if ol' Smokindog Ken had ...well you know how it is when you get past a certain age... a few unexpectedly drop out of the band occasionally. Great to hear that you're still kicking on.

I'm still trying to emulate your home recording and playing skills, and still coming up short. But I'm improving. :wink:

Cheers,

Chris
Rock God in Training (I bought David Hodge's Rock Guitar Book, and the promise is right there on the cover!)

Posted : 25/03/2011 2:01 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hi Chris, it's good to see you back again....again. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/03/2011 3:52 pm
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Good to see you back here Chris. I too have been missing from here for far too long, and I think my dog plays my guitar more than I do (her tail taps the strings sometimes as she wanders past it looking for anything to eat). But I am hoping to rectify that from now on.

Great news about your son hope all works out well there for him.

ATB

Rik

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

Posted : 28/03/2011 9:36 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Rik, you have been away for a while. I have been a staple here for the past 4 years and I'm not familiar with you. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 28/03/2011 1:34 pm
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Rik, you have been away for a while. I have been a staple here for the past 4 years and I'm not familiar with you. :lol:

I do keep trying, but unfortunately family, work etc all keep conspiring against me and just when I think "right now back to the guitar" something else crops up. Hopefully now I've turned the corner, the guitar has a brand new set of strings, all tuned up and ready to go. So if you read an advert from an American Bulldog who say's she's looking for a new home as she can't stand the noise anymore, you'll know where she comes from.

I used to share a bit of banter with Chris, and Vic used to chime in and help me out when Chris was getting the upper hand, us Brits like to stick together when it comes down to colonial bashing!! :shock: :shock:

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

Posted : 28/03/2011 1:53 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice to meet you Rik!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 28/03/2011 7:02 pm
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Thank you, and it's nice to meet you as well

Posted : 29/03/2011 5:40 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi Chris, it's good to see you back again....again. 8)

Yeah, I'm becoming a bit like those guys who keep coming out of retirement for just one more comeback tour.. :wink:

Good to see you around here still Roy. I always enjoy the rather wicked sense of humour that characterises your posts. I hope that the grief with your ears has settled down a bit. I still wince thinking about it.

Good to see you back here Chris. I too have been missing from here for far too long, and I think my dog plays my guitar more than I do
Rik

Hi again Rik. You're even more of a serial vanisher than I am. :) I hope to see you and the dog back here doing duets ASAP.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 29/03/2011 11:02 pm
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Hi again Rik. You're even more of a serial vanisher than I am. :) I hope to see you and the dog back here doing duets ASAP.

Cheers,

Chris

'Tis true Chris, I do try ( and my wife says that I'm incredibly trying :shock: ) but there just seems to be so much other stuff to do! Still like a good boomerang I'm back (for now)

Posted : 01/04/2011 8:09 am
Page 2 / 2