The Police

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I heard the news this morning on a TV program. The Police announced a world-wide concert tour. Here is a link on the Sting's site: http://www.sting.com/news/news.php?id=20070212 .

Nuno

Posted : 17/02/2007 2:20 pm
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

I was changing through the channels on Monday I think and VH1 Classic was showing the press conference. It was real early in the morning the day after the Oscars. They performed a few songs which was cool and let the press ask a few questions. The drummer from Foo Fighters was there and he even asked a question posing as a news reporter.

Posted : 17/02/2007 3:53 pm
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. A month ago, a local rock station announced that Sting was spotted in Whistler and later that day they confirmed that Copeland and Summers were in town as well.

Later confirmations that they were using a Film Set in North Vancouver for their rehearsals for the Music awards and a possible tour.

Sure enough, the fantasy became a reality.

Lot's of bands come to Vancouver for stage setups and rehearsals for some reason, possibly because Vancouver is close to LA, but small enough that people don't bother them.

Posted : 17/02/2007 5:04 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

I heard the same thing that the Police were re-forming ...

I also heard they were coming to the land of OZ ..

If they do I will be "Walking on the Moon " :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 17/02/2007 10:03 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I heard the same thing that the Police were re-forming ...

I also heard they were coming to the land of OZ ..

If they do I will be "Walking on the Moon " :lol: :lol:

Strange, I was fooling about with the chords to "Walking On The Moon" yesterday - how's about THAT for Synchronicity? One of my favourite bands back in the late 70's and early 80's, never got round to seeing them, it'd be nice to catch them this time around.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/02/2007 10:22 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Actually was lucky enough to see them in a small club in Pittsburgh back in the seventies! it was called the Decade and if you look on, I think, their first album either Sting or Andy is wearing a T-shirt from the club!

I'm really looking forward to seeing them, hopefully they will come back to this area!

I've been working on "Every Breath You Take", I love the groove!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 17/02/2007 10:32 pm
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

we just love the revival of true musicians ...smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 18/02/2007 7:43 am