Skip to content
The TWINS ARE BORN!...

Notifications
Clear all

The TWINS ARE BORN!!! (UPDATE) Mama expecting TWINS!

92 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
13.2 K Views
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I would like to thank everyone for playing. After careful consideration and deliberation we have decided to go with........ none of the above names.

I would like to introduce to the world my daughter, Charlyze Elizabeth Jones and my son, McKinley James Jones!

Mama and babies are all doing well!

Jim

I would like to announce that my wife and I are expecting twin babies in a couple of months. We have chosen to not find out the genders until they are born (my wife loves surprises). We are starting to get into a crunch for names as we have to have two boy names and two girl names ready so we are prepared for any combination.

Here are a few names I have so far: (last name Jones)

Boy: (middle name James)
1. Liam
2. Braydon
3. Cody
4. Landon
5. Arjan
6. Doyle
7. Roland
8. Gatlin
8. Dylan (KRogers)
9. William
10. Martin
11. Desmond
12. Duncan
13. David
14. Casey

Girl: (middle name Lee)
1. Taylor
2. Brooke
3. Jocelyn
4. Lyric
5. Sylvia
6. Olivia
7. Angelina
8. Melody (KRogers)
9. Harmony (KRogers)
10. Rose (Electra)
11. Brittany
12. Syrilla
13. Priscilla
14. Elizabeth
15. Jodene
16. Jolene
17. Joyce
18. Cassidy
19. Kaci or Kassey
20. Kassandra

Here's your chance to name the babies....

I would appreciate any opinions on these names, and also any other suggestions for names. Names with a musci reference may be cool? Id don't know, but my wife says that none of my names have clicked with her yet. She has tossed several of my ideas out, and these lists are just the ones that she was indifferent with.

Also, it may help to know a little about the parents... I am 6 foot 7 tall and the mom is 5 foot 9 inches. We are both fairly athletic (at least we used to be - we both played college sports) and we both have a love for music. I play guitar and she plays bass and sings.

Any suggestions?

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 16/01/2009 3:03 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

B. Sharp & B. Flat. Unisex.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 16/01/2009 4:57 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

If they are both girls . . .

Melody and Harmony

A waitress at a restaurant in Gatlinburg, TN has the name Harmony and . . .
when I commented on what a beautiful name she had, she thanked me and . . .
said her older sister was named Melody.

Now, that is cool.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 16/01/2009 5:35 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats!

#4491....

Posted : 16/01/2009 5:39 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Congrats!

Forgive me if this sounds overly critical but weird baby names are a pet peeve of mine.
When choosing names, please consider that a name is something your child takes with them all of their life, not just when they are a baby or little boy or girl. Lyric may sound cute for a little girl or maybe even if she grows up and wants to be a musician or actress or something but what about if she wants to be judge? Judge Lyric Jones? I don't think so. Same with Melody and Harmony. Those are pretty and Melody is a fairly common name but when I hear Harmony I think of a hippie girl.

Name your children what you want but I personally would stay away from something too different, weird spelling variations of more common names (that just makes you look like you don't know how to spell) and the musical references. Music may be your hobby or love but that doesn't mean it will be theirs and they are the ones who have to bear the name.

Anyway, I hope I am not offending you (or Ken). That's just my take on baby names but what can you expect from someone who named her daughter Jane. :)

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 16/01/2009 5:55 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I agree with Urban I had the same thoughts about the names. A couple of the girl names are OK I didn't like any of the boy names, yes but think before you hang some strange name on the kids.

I hated my name all my life and it's a pretty normal name Christopher so I would be careful what you name them but then again who am I do say..name them anything you want you'll be changing the diapers!!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 16/01/2009 6:09 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Personally, I like old fashioned names, like Sara, Emma, Emily, and Rose for girls. And, for boys, names like Alexander, Nicholas, Michael and David.

But, as stated before, you're the one who will be changing the diapers! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/01/2009 6:38 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Great responses!

Kenny, I thought your response was very interesting. My wife and I went to Gatlinburg for our honeymoon and were at one time thinking about naming our first boy "Gatlin." I still like the name, but I'm not sure if there is too much of a gun reference there. Anyway, I found it very interesting that you got the names from a waitress because of our personal connection there.

Urban and CNEV.... I agree about not wanting to give "wierd" or "Strange" names, as I want them to have respect as they grow up, but I really didn't think most of the names were strange. Don't worry, I'm hard to offend....my wife doesn't like most of my names either. I liked Lyric one day, and I haven't cared for it since... I have left in on my list so far, just in case I start liking it again. I also reallize that the kids may have completely different interests than my wife and I have, I'm just using music as a thought starter. I think when we hear the right names, we will hoefully just know it.

also, I don't want to give them a name they are going to get beat up over, but maybe just a bit less common than my own... Jim Jones. I like my name, but have always kind of wished it was a bit more individual. The babies will have a common last name in Jones, so I woul like the first name to be different, but not strange.

I had already Hendrick and Roman crossed off my list... :D

Hey, I like the name Rose, Electra... Let's add that one to the list!

Thanks for the comments!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 16/01/2009 6:43 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Funny UCG should mention hippies in her comment.

The very next thing Harmony said was "my parents were hippies." And they both were musically inclined.

I hadn't thought of the last name of Jones in conjunction to the two names . . .
but now that someone has brought that up . . .
I like the names even more.

Melody Jones is pretty common. And Harmony Jones is just different enough to be interesting/intriguing.
Nothing strange, overly cute, weird, or might cause any ridicule or teasing when they pass through the peer pressure years.
It is just . . . cool.

So, I'm sticking with my suggestion and . . . pushing it even harder.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 16/01/2009 7:00 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Kenny - I have officially added Harmony and Melody to the list! Can't wait to get momma's reaction.... I'll let you know.

Electra - I have also added Rose.

I will keep updating the lists at the top until the babies are born!

Thanks for the suggestions....

Posted : 16/01/2009 8:14 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

B. Sharp & B. Flat. Unisex.

LOL... right now they are referred to by the doctors as babies A and B... we could call them A-sharp and B-Flat.... then they would be the same but different... :note1: :note2:

Posted : 16/01/2009 8:16 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I wouldn't say any are weird but I could see some teasing with Harmony, you have to remember it's going to be when they are not with yo that they will have to deal with the teasing and trust all kids will do it.

My wife at the time named all of our daughters unusual names 20 yo ago and they all hated them. The middle one still doesn't like hers but the other two are OK.

Their names are Tiffany, Lacey, and Brittany, they are more common now but when they were growing up they were unusual.

You never know though they may end up liking a weird name when they get old.

For some reason when I was young I always wished they named me Sonny and I have no idea why.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 16/01/2009 8:23 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

For some reason when I was young I always wished they named me Sonny and I have no idea why.

From this day forward I will refer to you as "Sonny." No reason it can't be a nick-name...

I actually like all of your daughters names, but I can see where they weren't as popular 20 years ago. But all are great names. I actually may consider adding Brittany to the list... if you don't mind, of course...

Posted : 16/01/2009 8:35 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Melody and Harmony are girls' names. For the boys, how about Rhythm and Blues?

(I'm only joking, I agree with UCG totally.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 16/01/2009 8:44 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Forgive me if this sounds overly critical but weird baby names are a pet peeve of mine.
When choosing names, please consider that a name is something your child takes with them all of their life, not just when they are a baby or little boy or girl. Lyric may sound cute for a little girl or maybe even if she grows up and wants to be a musician or actress or something but what about if she wants to be judge? Judge Lyric Jones? I don't think so. Same with Melody and Harmony. Those are pretty and Melody is a fairly common name but when I hear Harmony I think of a hippie girl.

Name your children what you want but I personally would stay away from something too different, weird spelling variations of more common names (that just makes you look like you don't know how to spell) and the musical references. Music may be your hobby or love but that doesn't mean it will be theirs and they are the ones who have to bear the name.

Now there's a lady with her head screwed on, her brain screwed in in properly and not in the least screwed up...

Sorry, but IMO, name should be chosen by the parents - middle names, well maybe they're a family tradition? My daughters were, and still are called: Cheryl. Picked by her mother, I liked it, and it was pretty close to "Sherry Darling" - I'd not long since bought "The River." Debbie - again picked by the mother, but again, I was pretty much for it. There was a T. Rex single "Deborah".....Kayleigh - my choice, I loved - and still do - the Marillion song, Kayleigh. At the time, there were a lot of Kylies being christened, after Ms. Minogue....good luck to 'em. One thing I can say, not one of those girls ever grew up with anyone taking the p**s out of their names......

Dad, Mum, it's up to you what you call the kids - personally, I'd call them a miracle, or a Godsend, as I would with EVERY new child. Just make sure they'll never be shy of opening their mouths because you've given them a silly name...more importantly, make sure you love them, cherish them, and look after them. I probably don't have to tell you that - I know you will.

You can give them middle names that reflect your love of music - but please, give them SENSIBLE first names! When I think back to all the fights I had at school just because I was christened Victor....everyone else was Paul, or John, or variations on Stephen/Steven.....

It REALLY isn't easy to go through life with an unusual name.....

All I wish for you - I hope the kids, whatever gender, are healthy and happy - look after 'em!

:D :D :D

Vic

(Victor Edward George Lewis!)

And - many congratulations!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/01/2009 1:17 am
Page 1 / 7