Skip to content
Third time lucky? U...

Notifications
Clear all

Third time lucky? UK Get-together? 2008?

150 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
22.1 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hey Everyone!

Since no one can find Vic and we want to make sure that this comes off as planned, Pet is going to take over where he left off until/unless he shows up again. No one can find him and Pet has been a regular here for years and years (she took some time off for personal reasons, but she's baaaaack!) and she and Vic are good friends. So, if you have any questions, suggestions, etc..... let Pet know and she'll take care of it!

We've got to get GN rocking the UK! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/05/2008 8:43 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Cheers Elecktra..

Ok so... In order to keep things moving I need to establish a few things first, before I can do anything.

1:- Is Liverpool still the general area we're looking at to hold this thing? If so, then I could do with a second in command in the area to scout out possible venues....Scrybe?

2:- Are the weekends of 15th or 22nd August still the sort of dates we're looking at?

I'm also thinking about setting up a specific email account for the jam, so that information can be relayed to everyone directly as well as posting on the forum. Which kind of leads into something else a little more interesting I've been thinking about.... akin to the 'Riverside Jam' we need to give this thing a name, because 'Seminar' or 'Get-Together' is a little..eh..dare I say...unimaginative..? We' may be British, but we're not boring!! Let's show these here yanks we're the coolest of the cool and give the Riverside Jam a run for it's money. Yaarhhhhhhh!!

Plus, if I do set up an email account I could use the 'name' to do so.

Just out of interest, if anyone has a contact number for Vic can they pass it on to me please - because I don't seem to be able to get through on the numbers I have and I'm just wondering if he might have changed them recently..??

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 13/05/2008 10:43 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hey guys/gals - I'm back. Had no internet access for a couple of weeks, so I've a mountain of mail and messages to catch up on - but I thought I'd better check GN first.

Things are still a bit "up in the air" - my move fell through at the last minute, but I'm still hoping to move sometime in the very near future.

As for the UK jam - well, I've had other things on my mind, but hopefully I'll find something out tomorrow......and let you all know.

Hey Pet, good to see you back - and Dave as well! All we need now's TF to come out of hibernation......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/05/2008 12:59 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

YAY!!

He's back!!

Posted : 14/05/2008 1:04 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Lets get the 'bank holiday bash' Sorted!

My lame attempt at a name!

Maybe UK Rock-Off?

Gettin rather excited about this!

Anyone heard any more?

David

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 15/05/2008 9:23 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Pet made a suggestion .... David Hodge has the Riverside Jam, so, out of respect .................... The Merseyside Jam!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/05/2008 1:54 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Pet made a suggestion .... David Hodge has the Riverside Jam, so, out of respect .................... The Merseyside Jam!

The Merseyside Jam!

I believe that Sarah and Vic arrived at the same name when we were visiting - great minds!

Posted : 15/05/2008 2:30 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL!! :D Great minds, indeed!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 15/05/2008 2:42 pm
(@davidhodge)

And, just to set things straight, "Riverside Jam" is a Dan Lasley original. Just like on this website, I'm merely a sideman...

Peace

Posted : 15/05/2008 2:51 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

See there! It's that great mind! :D LOL!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 15/05/2008 2:53 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Hey Vic,

Are you any closer to an actual 'date'? My case has been adjourned until 3rd July and I have to fill out a bunch of paperwork for the judge including a list of dates I'm not available to give evidence... I need to return it ASAP.

Posted : 20/05/2008 7:10 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Soon as I know something for sure, you'll all know.....hopefully this week sometime.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/05/2008 7:32 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Would there be room for a person who plays keys?

My girlfriend is interested in coming, has a guitar but doesnt really play, but she is a killer pianist. Will there be a keyboard/piano there and would she be welcome to come along with me?

David

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 22/05/2008 9:36 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i appreciate this is late, but i wouldnt mind tagging along??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 03/07/2008 7:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Someone else better take this over. I won't be around for a while.

Vic

Posted : 06/07/2008 10:17 pm
Page 10 / 10