Skip to content
Third time lucky? U...

Notifications
Clear all

Third time lucky? UK Get-together? 2008?

150 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
22.1 K Views
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Good to have you back Vic,

Saw your jam session on gigs & jams page. great stuff! and you didn't need to read the lyrics like me.
I'd have a real problem without a crib sheet in front of me.
Is that the Victoria pub around the corner from your place?

Anyway N-L-W is still good for me at the moment and so is August as long as we have a definitive date.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 18/01/2008 12:03 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Vic: sounds fine to me, both the place and month. 8)

Posted : 18/01/2008 1:22 pm
(@alangreen)

Still interested here too. Have we got a date yet?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 18/01/2008 1:31 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Hi Vic - I too have (or am ) having life issues at the mo, but still would be interested. I might be interested in reprising the jam thing we had going on but maybe not just yet - things still a bit, well, crappy at the moment. Its all a bit depressing really but well..... I'll get in touch soon, promise (BIG problems lately!!)

Back on topic - August would be dandy for me

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 18/01/2008 10:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Still interested here too. Have we got a date yet?

How does August sound to you, Alan? I haven't actually looked at specific weekends yet - hell, I'm lucky if I can plan as far ahead as tomorrow at the moment.....but August should give everyone plenty of time to make plans. Seems OK so far, anyway. I'll do some research over the weekend.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/01/2008 1:04 am
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Great! We are stepping closer and closer to achieving the meeting! This will be huge, it could change the world! Hey if only 8 people show up we could be the G8 summit, Guitarists of 8 hehehe sorry ive just woke up, im always in a silly mood when ive only just awoke!

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 19/01/2008 8:40 am
(@alangreen)

Keep taking the tablets.

August sounds good subject to a couple of caveats - we're hoping to get over to the US in September to see Kath's sister (Columbus, Ohio), and I've just joined the Essex Guitar Group who tell me they have some concerts coming up. Otherwise, count me in.

August 25th's the Bank Holiday.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 19/01/2008 9:41 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

woop woop <scrybe boogies in joy> It's ON!!!! :mrgreen:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 19/01/2008 10:56 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

August 25th's the Bank Holiday.

So - is that a good or a bad thing? If we were meeting up on the Friday, that could give us Saturday AND Sunday to jam, without the need to rush back to work on monday. Just a suggestion.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/01/2008 2:14 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

I could come on the friday, stay for the saturday but then back home for the sunday. Have church responsibilities. Wouldnt suprise me if the sunday this weekend was booked for i would be asked to preach at a youth service or something, but im fine with leaving early.

David

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:12 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So, so far, N-le-W in August sounds OK for.....

Scrybe
Misanthrope
David Watts (and if it's early August, we'll just pretend you're 21....never mind 18!)
Dogsbody (what about Rodders, Chris?)
Ignar/Arjen/Sleutelbos/Promedics - are you all travelling together? :roll:
Alan Green
Darth Ordinary

Anyone else?

The hotel has 15 rooms -some singles, some doubles. I suppose Chris & Rodders could share.....dunno about anyone else. I could put Darth Ordinary up for the night - he could drive to mine, and we'd get a taxi to the Kirkfield.

I'll send a couple of PM's in the AM - it'd be nice to have Nuno here, and Lee N and Clazon from London - maybe those two and Alan G could all travel together?

Anyway, if this does come off - oh come on, we CAN do it! - I'll travel anywhere in the UK for part 2 next year......

Vic

Posted : 20/01/2008 12:23 am
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

I'm still in.

Posted : 20/01/2008 12:09 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Lol vic! Pretend im 21, in all honesy i do look older than i am, but not that much, 19 at a push maybe, ill just grow a beard if its early august, but im definatley in if it dosent conflict with family holidays like!
Looking forward to it now :D

David

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

Posted : 20/01/2008 12:57 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Did someone else say late August suited them better already? (can't see it above, but I'm sure someone did). No sooner do I start making plans than fate starts stirring - There's a chance that the last week in July and the first two in Aug might cause a problem, and even worse, I probably won't know until about a week before :roll:

As for the Bank Hol weekend, I think there's pros and cons to that in equal measure. Travelling on a BH weekend is always more hassle than usual, but it'd be nice to save a day's holiday with work and it might make the difference for some people to be able to be there for longer. I'm easy either way.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 20/01/2008 4:23 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

I think its almost definatley decided that it will be late august. Seems thats the majority! Correct me if im wrong like!
LETS GET IT ON! (The meeting that is)

David

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

Posted : 20/01/2008 8:09 pm
Page 5 / 10