Clear all

This is what it looked like oustide my house this morning

17 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

THis is what it looked like outside my house this morning with the snowstorm/ blizzard. This was at about 7:30 - 8:00 am and its still snowing with heavy wind gusts right now at 11:30! Anyone else on th forum affecting by the New England snowstorm?

Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

Posted : 23/01/2005 3:45 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Sure thing. I am near Albany NY and I got about a foot or so sofar. And in the middle of clearing the driveway I broke both belts on the snowblower. Had to go get new ones and just finished clearing the driveway a few minutes ago.

Fun stuff if you don't have to move it

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 23/01/2005 5:55 pm
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Yep, both "pitchas" look like my place does right now, but without the guy shoveling. :lol:
I should get out from in front of the computer, and go practice.

--
Doug C.
(AKA KA1MMY)

Posted : 23/01/2005 6:23 pm
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Yep, you could've taken those pix at my house. We got about 1 foot, but I live near the peak of the highest point around here, and we normally get a good bit of wind. But with these heavier than normal gusts, the drifts are impressive. I shoveled, but it was probably a waste of time.

(Sorry Nils, no sympathy here. I broke one of my shovels)

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

Posted : 23/01/2005 6:24 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

(Sorry Nils, no sympathy here. I broke one of my shovels)
No sympathy needed. I am just glad I broke the snow blower and not a shovel. My guess is my back would go before the shovel anyway :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 23/01/2005 8:51 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Ya gotta love it!!!

I heard Mass. let out a “state of emergency” last night. We let out a “state of emergency” today here in R.I.

I had a four foot snow drift in front of my door this morning. My first thought was, “…….boy is my back gonna kill me tonight!!!” Lucky for me, I made a chili this morning!!! I'll be lucky if I can FEEL my body tonight.

GO PATS!!!
&
GO SOX!!!

Posted : 23/01/2005 9:18 pm
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

lol had a snow day on monday so stayed home froms school and have another today so Im home from school again!!! been a wild week lol.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Posted : 26/01/2005 6:50 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

We came close to having a little frost the other night. Today it was sunny and in the 70's.

I'm glad I don't live in the Northeast anymore.

Happy Mardi Gras!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 27/01/2005 3:35 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL!!! We got up to 79 degrees yesterday and my Mexican Petunias are blooming!!!!!! (Not to make you feel bad or anything!!!)

I lived in Maine for four years............. you have my sympathy, but I'm darn sure glad I live in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/01/2005 2:07 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

bst,

it must be really cold where you are - just look at how those 4 guys are shivering. :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 27/01/2005 2:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Went to see Status Quo monday night .....it was hot as hell inside, was wet through with sweat by the time they'd finished.....got outside, it was about 2-3 degrees below zero....my t-shirt froze!!!!! my hair froze!....so we went for a cold beer....ah there's clear logical thinking for you!!!!

:) :) :)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/01/2005 3:55 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

This is why I moved to South Carolina :lol: :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 27/01/2005 4:03 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Well this week my town, (In Atlantic Canada), has recieved about 120ish give or take a bit, cm's of snow. Thats about 47 inches or so. And there is a 10 foot snow back at the end of my driveway. I've had one day of school, and that was on Tuesday, and its midterm exam week. My back really hurts from all the shoveling and I find myself sitting down when playing guitar, because my electric hurts my back so much its in current state.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 28/01/2005 1:08 pm
(@sssssssnake)

I remember in the 60's we used to get snow a bit like that now its useless ,hardly any :cry:

Posted : 28/01/2005 5:37 pm
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

lol... yeah i actually enjoy the snow... I dont mind shoveling it at all really, it gets me outside!!!! if I had XC Skiis i would get out in the winter more. But when spring comes im whipping out the mountainbike! I tried to ride it en november with about 4 inches of snow but without disc brakes (Which Im saving up for a new mtbike!) i couldt do it... i in fact have no brakes with the V-Brakes in the winter so luckely I dint go out of my yard testing loll..... I like next to a nice steep medium sized hill.... lol wont try that one just yet witht he snow! anyway, this morning was -6 F outside lol its nice when theres no wind... when there is the wait for the bus (Abt 10-15 minutes) can be brutal on your ears!

Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

Posted : 29/01/2005 2:48 am
Page 1 / 2