Clear all

To All American GNers...

100 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
13.3 K Views
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't think most in the US think of it as a whooping. I think most here were holding their breath through the second half praying for no major lapses and surviving with a tie. No one that I was hanging with was thinking the US team did anything other than play pretty well, get pretty lucky and escaped with a point. I think the pics from the end of the game where the US team was celebrating a tie and the English team was walking off semi-dejectedly summed it up pretty well.

If your expectation is to lose and you tie, that seems a win. If your expectation is to win and you tie, that seems a loss. In the end though one more goal each and they'd still be even.

Posted : 13/06/2010 2:23 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nah, I think it hardly matters anyway. Both Slovenia and Algeria have really poor squads, as usual, so US and UK probably will both qualify with 7 points out of nine. And besides, in the end it's only about who gets the honour to lose against us further down the road, and I'm fairly indifferent about that. :twisted:

Posted : 13/06/2010 2:57 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

7 of 9 ? mmm, she was hot. But back to soccer.

Posted : 13/06/2010 5:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

7 of 9 ? mmm, she was hot. But back to soccer.

It's not soccer, it's FOOTBALL - Association Football. And in football, a tie is a tournament match, ie a semi-final tie. A game where the teams finish level is a draw.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 13/06/2010 5:55 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

It's soccer.....I didn't grow up with it, don't care about & it sucks.

Posted : 13/06/2010 6:33 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

mmmm 7 of 9....

Did you say something Vic?

Posted : 13/06/2010 6:48 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

American Football

Soccer

Huh?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 13/06/2010 8:20 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

mmmm 7 of 9....

Did you say something Vic?

mmmmm......7 of 9.......mmmmmm.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 13/06/2010 9:23 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Man if that tackle fell on ya.....geez......like a pancake

Posted : 14/06/2010 12:33 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

why do I not get the "7 of 9 mmm she was hot" reference? I don't understand. :?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 14/06/2010 8:21 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Star Trek (Voyager) character, 7 of 9, played by Geri Ryan....formerly part of the Borg Collective whose humanity has been restored to her. And yes, she was HOT, especially in that skin-tight outfit.......

*Vic goes for cold shower here*

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Vic

Posted : 14/06/2010 9:22 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

SoccerNoise?

Vuvuzela is annoying.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 14/06/2010 9:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Star Trek (Voyager) character, 7 of 9, played by Geri Ryan....formerly part of the Borg Collective whose humanity has been restored to her. And yes, she was HOT, especially in that skin-tight outfit.......

*Vic goes for cold shower here*

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Vic

:wink: :twisted:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/06/2010 9:59 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

SoccerNoise?

Vuvuzela is annoying.

Those horns are driving me nuts! :evil: :x

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/06/2010 10:00 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

SoccerNoise?

Vuvuzela is annoying.

Those horns are driving me nuts! :evil: :x

Same here. I'm trying to give soccer a chance, but I can't handle the noise. I don't want to mute the tv so I can actually know what's going on and hear when something is happening.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/06/2010 10:59 pm
Page 4 / 7