Clear all

Todays gig

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Just got to work from our gig at Tandum Nursing Home Windsor VA, it went great. I lost count of how many numbers we did, somewhere around 30. The residents had a great time and we had a lot of audience participation. My voice is shot and my fingers are soar, it doesn't get any better than this. :D

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 26/03/2006 10:19 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

My voice is shot and my fingers are soar, it doesn't get any better than this. :D

No it doesn't!! :D 8)

Glad to hear you had a good time Tim.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/03/2006 10:38 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

tim

glad it went good and you had fun, gargle with salt water 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 26/03/2006 10:42 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Way to go Tim.

Glad you had a great gig. I also think it is wonderful that you played in a Nursing Home. The older folks do not have a chance to get out and listen to live music, glad you brought it to them. I am sure they enjoyed your music very much.

So that is a really nice thing to do. :D

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 27/03/2006 11:19 pm
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys, I really did have a great time. We play there every fourth Sunday. It's really cool when they announce over the intercom that our group will be playing and the folks come suffling down the halls. Our leader came up with a cool idea. We made up books with the lyrics to 50 of the songs we do. We pass them out to everyone in the audience. They get to call out the page number of any song they want us to do. So we get a lot of participation. :D

Tim Madsen

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 28/03/2006 1:02 am
(@dmmceldowney)

hmmm... by george, thats a GREAT IDEA!!! you don't mind if i borrow it do you?

Posted : 18/04/2006 5:18 am
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

hmmm... by george, thats a GREAT IDEA!!! you don't mind if i borrow it do you?

Feel free to :!:

Tim Madsen

Posted : 18/04/2006 11:09 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

WTG, Tim!!

That makes all the pain and soreness worth it, IMHO.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/04/2006 1:30 am
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

It's great that your playing at a nursing home, my aunt, her fiannce, and some other locals do the same things sometimes around here.

I'm kind of curious as to what selection of songs you guys play?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 20/04/2006 2:02 am
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

It's great that your playing at a nursing home, my aunt, her fiannce, and some other locals do the same things sometimes around here.

I'm kind of curious as to what selection of songs you guys play?

Mostly Oldtime gospel and Bluegrass gospel, some modern Country gospel like Randy Travis Josh Turner. We do a lot of Stanley Brothers material.

By the way we'll be there again this Sunday, can't wait :D

Tim Madsen

Posted : 20/04/2006 4:42 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

^That's awesome Tim, have fun!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 20/04/2006 5:55 pm
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thought I'd report on today's; today's gig :wink: at the nursing home. Things went great, we had a bigger crowd than last month. The adminstration held us to one hour today (we usually do 1.5 to 1.75 hour). That saved my fingers and voice :lol: .I sang a solo today, Thy Burden is Greater Than Mine. It's a song that Hank Williams senior did, written be PeeWee King. I think I was in good form, it was well recieved. Our group had a great time and so did residents. We also had some of the staff join in, I think we're growing on them :wink:

Tim Madsen

Posted : 23/04/2006 10:01 pm