Clear all

Tough weekend

20 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Well I just got back from saying goodbye to my mother. She is dying of cancer. My dad said she wouldn't make it through the weekend. I had to go see her. Me and my new wife and my kids headed up to Idaho to say our goodbye's. She was still kicking when we left. I think they were premature. she is a tough gal.

She kind of looked like homer simpson(yellow that is).

I hated to say my goodbyes. She was a great mother to me and my kids(helped raise them). I apologized for giving her grief when I was a kid. I told her I loved her. Shock still hasn't set in yet.

Posted : 23/09/2008 4:19 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear the news, hope you and yours are doing well.
my condolences.

#4491....

Posted : 23/09/2008 9:32 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

So sorry to hear that. Take comfort in knowing that you were able to say goodbye and that she was able to see you. My condolences to you and your family.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/09/2008 2:47 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Very sorry to hear this. :cry:

Posted : 23/09/2008 3:02 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear of another low spot in your life.

I hope you and your family are holding up during this sad time.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 23/09/2008 5:01 pm
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thanks all.

If that wasn't enough, I hear rumors that half the store is being laid off. Actually I would welcome the layoff because I will make more money on unemployment the the last few paychecks.

My new wifes father died Feb of this year and her brother in law just had a quadruple bypass then learned he has colon cancer and the whole colon has to be removed.

People, I'm a survivor, but how much harder does life have to get before a guy gets a break?

Posted : 23/09/2008 11:50 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger . . .
and when you get past all of this, you are going to be Iron Man.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 24/09/2008 12:23 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sid,

I hadn't commented on this because I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said but I can relate to what your going through. Both my parents had been sick the last year and half of their lives, both passed away within 4 months of each other last year, I had just gotten remarried a few months earlier and my wife was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer, then I got the layoff slip from work...all happened at the same time.

I was lucky that I was picked up by another department in the company so I didn't lose my job and after almost two full years of chemo the wife just had her reconstruction surgery a week ago and so far she remains cancer free.

There's really not much to say other than you just gotta keep on keeping on and don't forget to take some time for yourself. I still haven't really been able to deal with my parents passing, I've kind of blocked it out but some days......like while I'm typing this it all comes back and it's overwhelming.

Hang in there buddy you'll survive!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 25/09/2008 6:54 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I am very sorry to hear all that. God bless you!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/09/2008 10:24 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sid, it's just one bad thing after another at the moment, isn't it! All I can say is, hang in there mate, things can ONLY get better! Can't get any worse, that's for sure - I thought I'd had it rough the last couple of years. You got my sympathy, I'm not a praying man, but if I was you'd have my prayers.

Like I said, hang in there - you've got a lovely new wife and family to take care of. You HAVE to be strong for them - and you WILL be, because you love them. You can draw on their strength as they rely on yours - and together you'll get through this.

All the best....

:D :D :D (You've got to keep smiling!)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/09/2008 11:21 pm
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Well guys, she passed last night. On Wednesday they closed the doors and everyone lost their jobs. Thanks for the support, everyone of you. It can only get better now. The good thing about hit the bottom is its stable.

Posted : 27/09/2008 8:32 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Not much I can do from a computer, but my thoughts are with you Sid. I'm sorry. :cry:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/09/2008 11:34 pm
(@davidhodge)

Our hearts and thoughts are with you, Sid, and with all your family (and coworkers and friends, too).

Don't forget you're never as alone as you think you might be.

Peace

Posted : 28/09/2008 12:29 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Sid, my thoughts are with you... :(

Posted : 28/09/2008 11:52 am
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

My Commiserations

Posted : 30/09/2008 5:57 pm
Page 1 / 2