Clear all

Truth In Avatars Disclaimer

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm too tired/lazy to make and post a new avatar right now, but here's me Monday:

The hair's lining bird nests around my house.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/03/2009 9:06 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Geez! Warn a guy when you're going to do that 1st thing in the morning! :shock: :lol: J/K Ric, looking good! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/03/2009 9:50 am
(@alangreen)

You look 235 years younger

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 25/03/2009 10:25 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Ric can't reply right now . . .

bad news . . . he was struck from behind . . . a split second after taking his photo . . .

good news . . . the car was clearly seen in the photograph . . . and an APB has been put out for a late model, red . . . .

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/03/2009 12:02 pm
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

bad news . . . he was struck by a car a split second after taking his own photo . . .
KR2

:lol:

Wow, it's amazing what a change of hats can do....
Who's your haberdasher(er)?

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

Posted : 25/03/2009 3:27 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Well, that explains the beard now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/03/2009 10:33 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I take it the ZZ Top audition didn't go too well, then, Ric?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 27/03/2009 6:55 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Aside from the beard, there was that little matter of the lack of talent...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/03/2009 9:28 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Takes time getting used to a new image.....just as I was getting used to the stereotypical Leprechaun image (slightly mischievous, but kindly at heart.)

Like the hat, though. It's got mojo!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/03/2009 2:05 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've got to admit to having turned into a hat-man in the last couple-or-three years. It keeps my brain from going cold in winter and overheating in summer.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 27/03/2009 2:10 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've got to admit to having turned into a hat-man in the last couple-or-three years. It keeps my brain from going cold in winter and overheating in summer.

I've still got hair to keep my head warm - although I wear a bob-hat when it's windy. Some people just don't suit hats, I'm one of them.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/03/2009 2:13 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Me too . . . but for another reason . . . to protect others . . .

. . . from the bright Florida sun's glare off my noggin.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 27/03/2009 2:15 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I dig hats a lot, but cannot wear them right now. (long story) I can wear a pull over hat for my bank robberies and to keep the cold air out of my ear. I could pull off the North Atlantic Fisherman look if I had the right coat.

I really dig the one you're wearing there Ric. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/03/2009 4:08 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Takes time getting used to a new image.....just as I was getting used to the stereotypical Leprechaun image (slightly mischievous, but kindly at heart.)

Like the hat, though. It's got mojo!

Vic

Why is it Ric gets compared to a "Leprechaun" and I scare small children? It's not fair! (of course I kinda scare em without a beard.....) :lol:

one of these days I'm gonna post my Fire Dept Emergency Management ID badge for my avatar, same beard but only longer and wearing my leather bikers jacket, unfortunately, as the flash went off, my eyes were closed. It looks like a mug shot from Stirgis.

Hat looks good though, Ric. (although you look a little TOO clean-cut for some one that greases bullets! :lol: )

(Oops, almost fergot, And plays with his Johnson!)

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 01/04/2009 2:36 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

You don't need a beard to be a true mountian man :D I do like that hat 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 01/04/2009 3:18 am
Page 1 / 2