Clear all

Turning 40 ain't that bad . . .

32 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

ok, so I'm sitting around waiting for the bad news from my surgeon . . but I am sitting in front of my birthday present:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=DDCKQZBTZMKOXKC4D3JFAIQ?skuId=8501711&type=product&id=1186004963437

My actually "big day" is the 14th of November . . . which is the day Direct TV shows up to upgrade the DVR to the HD model . . .

but even not being in HD it still looks great.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 27/10/2007 8:01 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Your birthday's three days after mine, and I haven't even started thinking about it yet. Hope you have a happy one! And I hope you get good news from your surgeon!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/10/2007 8:15 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Your birthday's three days after mine, and I haven't even started thinking about it yet. Hope you have a happy one! And I hope you get good news from your surgeon!

So what are you saying? Your's is the 11th?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 27/10/2007 8:37 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey, that's my birthday too! :D Just alittle ahead of you though, I'll be turning 42. Hope you have a good one! :mrgreen:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/10/2007 8:38 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

What? Is everbody here born in November?!? I turn 40 on Nov. 20th. Good to see I am at least in good company.

Posted : 27/10/2007 8:51 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

My birthday is not in November. Never has been, either.

I am, however, all birthdayed out for this year. My 50th was in June, and my youngest daughter's 21st was a couple of weeks ago. It would have been my mother's 80th this year as well....talk about a triple whammy!

Hey KP, that's one BIG telly! I bought a big one a couple of years ago, 42" screen - that's positively puny in comparison to yours! Strange, really, seeing as I hardly ever watch it.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/10/2007 9:03 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

wow nice bday present Happy B-day!
it only took me 9 years to figure that out btw (Turning 40 ain't that bad)

#4491....

Posted : 27/10/2007 9:05 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I wouldn't mind turning back to 40. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/10/2007 9:30 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Me either.....

Posted : 27/10/2007 11:31 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

From a "slightly" older woman, I just have to say that, IMHO, men don't even begin to get reeaalllyy good until they hit 40!! Men in their 40's and 50's have got it all over the younger men in the "finesse" department! (No offense to all of you younger men intended!!) I've felt this way since I was in my early 30's. There's just something a little extra sexy about men in their 40's & 50's! (And, I know for a fact that I'm not the only woman who feels this way!)

Happy Birthdays to all of you! And wear those 40's & 50's proudly!!! We appreciative women will be watching!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/10/2007 12:48 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

From a "slightly" older woman, I just have to say that, IMHO, men don't even begin to get reeaalllyy good until they hit 40!! Men in their 40's and 50's have got it all over the younger men in the "finesse" department! (No offense to all of you younger men intended!!) I've felt this way since I was in my early 30's. There's just something a little extra sexy about men in their 40's & 50's! (And, I know for a fact that I'm not the only woman who feels this way!)

Happy Birthdays to all of you! And wear those 40's & 50's proudly!!! We appreciative women will be watching!! :D

8)

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 28/10/2007 1:09 am
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

What? Is everbody here born in November?!? I turn 40 on Nov. 20th. Good to see I am at least in good company.

Beginning to look like it. I'm 59 on the 13th.

Happy Birthday in advance to all the November babies.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 28/10/2007 3:51 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kingpatzer. :D

We'll all be around to help you watch. And play with those nice pedals and recording gizmo you got too, while we're there.

Looks like we have birthdays on the 11th , 13th and 14th coming up. Just a wee gap there on the 12th - for me to squeeze in.

I'll be 61 on the 12th of November. Geez was it really 1946 when I arrived.... doesn't time fly when you're having fun.... :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 28/10/2007 5:02 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey, age will have its way with you so you might as well have some fun along the way :twisted: I'm 50 this year. It could be worse :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 28/10/2007 5:18 am
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

LOL!

Hi all - And Happy Birthday to all of you November babys....
There seems to be more here at GN, then former U.S. Presidents!

Count me in too - 38 on November 2nd.

Lucius (my son) - 5 on the 29th.

And Harm (my daughter) 14 on the 24th.

EB - Sorry, I'm only gunna be 38....
If it helps though, I FEEL like I'm in my 40's and 50's most of the time :wink:
Good to see ya! :D

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles