Notifications
Clear all

Turning 40 ain't that bad . . .

32 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Ken, age is all what you make of it. :twisted: My wife thinks I act less than half my age :lol: I still feel like I'm 16 at times. At least mentally. Give me a loud guitar and I'm a Kid again.

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 28/10/2007 5:58 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What? Is everbody here born in November?!? I turn 40 on Nov. 20th. Good to see I am at least in good company.
+1

LOL!!!!!! :lol:

But I'm 2 years older.

Happy birthday Kingpatzer! Nice "Tele"! ;)

Happy birthday everybody! :D

Posted : 28/10/2007 9:04 am
(@mr-blue-eyes)
Trusted Member

Happy Birthday in advance too all

I've got 21 years to my 40th birthday but it'll soon come :lol:

Posted : 28/10/2007 6:12 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hi all - And Happy Birthday to all of you November babys....
There seems to be more here at GN, then former U.S. Presidents!
You're right, if there are any former U.S. Presidents here on GN, they're keeping pretty quiet about it. Maybe some of the older guys down in the Beginners' forum...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 28/10/2007 7:13 pm
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

:mrgreen:

Thankx Ric!
Guess I had that one comin' - Huh?

You don't know how hard I tried to 'say' that line correctly :lol:
I just couldn't seem to manage a 'good' way to say that.

Thankx for noticin' :wink:

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

Posted : 28/10/2007 7:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There's just something a little extra sexy about men in their 40's & 50's! (And, I know for a fact that I'm not the only woman who feels this way!)

Happy Birthdays to all of you! And wear those 40's & 50's proudly!!! We appreciative women will be watching!!

Think you could point some of those appreciative women towards England, Elecktra?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/10/2007 11:51 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

There's just something a little extra sexy about men in their 40's & 50's! (And, I know for a fact that I'm not the only woman who feels this way!)

Happy Birthdays to all of you! And wear those 40's & 50's proudly!!! We appreciative women will be watching!!

Think you could point some of those appreciative women towards England, Elecktra?

Vic

It'd be easier if you just came back to Texas and then I could just turn them loose on you!! :D LOL!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 29/10/2007 2:41 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Vic

It'd be easier if you just came back to Texas and then I could just turn them loose on you!! :D LOL!

COUNT ME IN!!! I'm 44, soon to be single again and still have hair on my head!
I will be there. What time does Texas close?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 29/10/2007 2:22 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Texas NEVER closes! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 29/10/2007 11:25 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:D :D

I like the sound of that.

I already have a lovely wife, but are you allowed to have a 'spare' in Texas?? Or is that just Utah?? :P Maybe wives in different keys or something??? :wink:

Cheers,

Chris
Resident of the Australian State that's considerably BIGGER than Texas! Nearly four times bigger. :twisted:

Posted : 30/10/2007 12:01 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And you can even get Newcastle Brown there!

And the MUSIC!!! Just walking down one street in Dallas I heard Blues, Jazz, Rock, Country and some kind of hip-hop/rap all coming from different bars....

I'll go back one day - as soon as finances permit!

Just remind me to never, ever EVER again eat at Dickey's Barbeque Pit.............

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/10/2007 2:01 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Just remind me to never, ever EVER again eat at Dickey's Barbeque Pit.............

Vic
No Dickey's? Isn't that the famous brisket place in the Dallas area? Man, I love that place. Makes me wish I had a need to go to Dallas.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/10/2007 8:55 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

:D :D

I like the sound of that.

I already have a lovely wife, but are you allowed to have a 'spare' in Texas?? Or is that just Utah?? :P Maybe wives in different keys or something??? :wink:

Cheers,

Chris
Resident of the Australian State that's considerably BIGGER than Texas! Nearly four times bigger. :twisted:

No, Chris, you're only legally allowed one spouse! :D Although......

I've got a bunch of dead relatives who were polygamists (my mother was into genealogy and found out all sorts of things!). One man, Ezekial LeBaron, had 7 wives and 49 children. Some of his descendents turned out to be fairly normal, but there was one branch that went a little "off". I think he was Ezekial's great-grandson, Ervil LeBaron who started his own "offshoot" cult, loosely based on the Mormon religion, that still practices polygamy today. They also practice murder. There were three books written about them, "The Four O'Clock Murders" by Scott Anderson and "Blood Covenant" by Rena Chynoweth (a relative of some of those who were murdered) and "Prophet of Blood: The Untold Story of Ervil Lebaron and the Lambs of God" by Ben Bradlee . There was also a "made for TV" movie about them but I can't remember the name of it! One of my "cousins" is on the FBI's Most Wanted List!!! (Yes, I have a very colorful family history!! I'm just glad that I never met that one particular branch of the tree, though!)

Here's a couple of articles if anyone is interested! :D
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20060816/ai_n16639249
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=420670

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 31/10/2007 12:40 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Vic
No Dickey's? Isn't that the famous brisket place in the Dallas area? Man, I love that place. Makes me wish I had a need to go to Dallas.

If I remember correctly it was the sausages that didn't agree with Vic! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 31/10/2007 12:41 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

well KP Happy B-Day with all the toys you've gotten lately you must be a busy man. The TV is killer, I want one of those.

And Vic..you can get Newcastle Brown pretty much everywhere over hear. I quite like it. It will put a hurtin on you if you have a few to many...Newcastle Brown will sure tear you down...I think someone wrote that in a song once!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 31/10/2007 1:29 pm
Page 2 / 3