UK GN Party....er Seminar!

84 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
36.7 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I am currently looking into this for all three venues, as I will probably stay over myself, depending on last train times or if Vic's daughter drags me off clubbing - lol.

I will try and have details of a couple of B&B's and September prices, for each area available for people if they wish. Just mail me nearer the time and I'll send the info. Luv' I will find out a few places this end and Vic's and PM you next week.

Also if anybody else want to know about B&B's or directions just PM one of the hosts.

Pet

Posted : 02/05/2004 7:14 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Welcome Aboard to Stephen Brown for the Essesx Seminar and to LuvmyTele who has jumped on for a second Seminar at Vic's.

I also have some info on B&B's now for people wishing to stop over.

Pet

Posted : 15/05/2004 12:55 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And I have details of a few B/B's near me at very reasonable cost.........

Vic

All we need now is the "go-ahead" from the dHodgemeister..........

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/05/2004 5:00 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Welcome aboard to all the new people who have joined us, we now have a rough idea as to cost, so I will forward that information to you soon, if there is anything else you want to know just PM me and I will do my best to find out.

Thanx to Everyone

Pet

Posted : 02/06/2004 2:33 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Pet, could you recap who is going to which seminar at this time? I was reading and seeing all the additions and could not keep it straight in my mind. Likely it would be good to recap after, say, 3 more people get added. That way it's easier to keep it straight. You could just cut and past from you first post and make additions. Glad you've elected to get the thing going.

:D

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 02/06/2004 7:49 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hiya Corbind,

Well I have been editing the list at the start of this thread everytime somebody joins - but fair point, I will keep a running update going on the more current pages, the list so far is:-

Alan Green's - Essex (South)

DHodge, Nick, *Paul*, VicLewis, Pet, Stephen Brown

Pet's - Derby (East Middlands)

DHodge, Nick, *Paul*, Bob, VicLewis, DaveC, PeteB, LuvmyTele, *Forrest*

Viclewis's - Merseyside (North West)

DHodge, Nick, *Paul*, Bob, Pet, LuvmyTele, Blue

(** - Maybe's)

The more recent additions to this line up are LuvmyTele who joined up for a second one at Vic's - Respect!! Stephen Brown for Alans seminar and Blue for Vic's....

More updates to follow - watch out world, GN is coming to the UK - Uh Oh!!

Posted : 02/06/2004 9:05 pm
(@alangreen)

There's a local Campanile hotel in Basildon - if anyone needs accomodation for the night before/ after let me know and I'll dig out the phone number.

How are we doing on the actual dates - with the whole of the UK airspace knocked out this morning by a dodgy computer system, anyone travelling in from outside the UK had better get on a ship now.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 03/06/2004 9:03 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I might need that number Alan, the British Railway being what it is, plus I think they stop running trains to backwards little towns like Derby in the middle of the afternoon - perhaps we get even scarier after dark....

Posted : 03/06/2004 3:45 pm
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

To help promote attendance to either Pet's Derby seminar or Vic Lewis' seminar :

I live in the SouthWest (Wiltshire) and will travel via M5 (Bristol). If anybody would like a lift to Derby (e.g. if someone like Tucker who lives not far from Bristol would like free transport then please contact me by PM).

My car is a small diesel, but if there is interest I could borow a Company car (7 seater people carrier?).

I realise how annoying public transport can be (especially with guitar in hand). I really enjoy this site and this seminar is a rare oppourtunity to meet the people of guitar noise.

If anybody from Europe (continent) e.g promedics wants to jump on a cheap flight to Bristol Airport then I am willing to pick them up and help get them to Pet's / Vic Lewis' or both.

EasyJet flights are available to Bristol and they are very very cheap when booked in advance. Also Ryanair flies in from Dublin (very cheap). B & B / pub accomodation is cheap too!

The more the merrier ...

If there is any other way I can assist. Please PM me.

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

Posted : 03/06/2004 10:12 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wow lets all bow down before Luv *we're not worthy - we're not worthy*

Your Tops! :D

Thank you so much

Posted : 04/06/2004 2:31 am
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

Oh Pet of course you are worthy ...

I just want to help you out.

This site has so many wonderful people and I genuinely would like to meet as many of them as possible. We all share two things in common a passion for guitar and guitar noise.

Let the good times begin and I really do want to help in any way I can.

All are worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

Posted : 04/06/2004 6:51 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This site has so many wonderful people and I genuinely would like to meet as many of them as possible. We all share two things in common a passion for guitar and guitar noise.

Absolutley, I agree - I also appreciate your help, thanx once again.

Now lets Rock 'n' Roll :twisted:

Posted : 04/06/2004 12:17 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I just want to help you out.

All are worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nice one Tele - look forward to meeting you at mine - or Pet's, whichever comes first......

Yeah, let the good times roll!!!!

:) :) :)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/06/2004 5:13 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ok I think it's time to get the ball rolling on some topics,

Here are a few things I would like to see covered:-

Beginners
Blues & Rock
Chords
Finger Picking (i'm not a big fan of plec's)
Composing

These are just what I would like to see, has anybody else attending like to see something covered? Vic, Luv what would you like?

Posted : 05/06/2004 11:48 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

My weakest points are scales and solos.......

:(

Apart from that, the "Beginners Blues" seminar that David did over the pond not so long ago sounds good to me........

Posted : 05/06/2004 4:57 pm
Page 2 / 6