17 Users
0 Likes
36.7 K Views
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

Beginners
Blues & Rock
Chords
Finger Picking (i'm not a big fan of plec's)
Composing

Pet you are a mind reader! Put me down for the same ... and heavy on the blues!

I am so looking forward to this! :wink:

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

Posted : 05/06/2004 5:14 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I would also like some coverage of techniques like bends and hammers and how to get the best out of a whammy bar if you have one etc..

Posted : 05/06/2004 5:21 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

maybe a little on open tunings.......and partial chords - I've come across these a few times in the Easy song database (Wes, Grim) and would like to know more......

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 05/06/2004 8:40 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Any further thoughts on this from would be attendees would be invaluable..........

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/06/2004 1:00 am
(@alangreen)

Count me in for a little accoustic blues playing

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 06/06/2004 4:32 pm
(@stephen_brown)

Anything acoustic sounds good for me.

Are there any suggested dates yet. My September diary is starting to get booked up.

Posted : 07/06/2004 6:15 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

No I'm sorry nothing yet, we are still waiting for David on that one I'm affraid.

I have an idea - if everybody can list what date's they know they can commit to then we can try and work to that - sorry guys, there is not much I can say untill we hear back from the man with the plan.

Pet

Posted : 07/06/2004 8:40 pm
(@stephen_brown)

Are we assuming it will be on a weekend, or might it be a weekday?

I guess we are still talking September-ish?

Posted : 08/06/2004 5:45 pm
(@stephen_brown)

Bad news - I cannot get along to the seminar if it is on Sat 25 Sep 04 - my wife has signed up for a choral workshop on that day, which means I have to baby-sit.

So ... hope the Essex seminar is not on 25 Sep 04.

Posted : 14/06/2004 8:18 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Duely noted - will hopefully work around it.

Pet

Posted : 14/06/2004 8:23 pm
 Blue
(@blue_1567859486)

Any further thoughts on this from would be attendees would be invaluable..........

I play acoustic fingerstyle so anything along those lines would be good for me - adding accompaniments into a basic tune is the thing I'm needing most work on at the moment, and where to go next in a song once the initial inspiration wears off, without ending up with same old I IV V progressions would be useful too, but I'm equally happy learning blues and jazz or rock riffs; I play a lot in DADGAD so open tunings would be cool.

Is David going to expect a certain base line for the people attending, should we all brush up on scales or something beforehand?

Pretty much any date is fine for me, weekdays or weekend.

<>==={=0=}
Life, love, music, laughter - guitars!
http://www.barddance.org

Posted : 20/06/2004 12:00 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Still waiting for basic rules/guidelines from David..........

Would imagine, though, anything we ask for would be covered....even if it's only the broadest brushstrokes -if I learn one thing that will help me progress will be money well spent.........!

Posted : 20/06/2004 1:17 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Latest Seminar Update

I haven't been around on GN for a while so I'm sorry I wasn't abandoning you guy's, I was doing something usefull for a change and playing Guitar, which when I'm spamming........er I mean posting on here I'm not.

I have mailed David a few times and I'm waiting to hear back from him, but I guess my mails have disappeared into the vortex that is his inbox - lol, I have asked Nick to speak to David about this so hopefully we should know something soon.

If nothing can be planned then Vic and I was dissgusing the option of us getting together at these venues anyway and just sharing what we know any hints or tips we have picked up along the way, I'm sure we all have something to offer, generally have a jam and get to know the faces behind the avatars - if all goes well then maybe we could organise a couple of meet ups a year, for support, new UK members, make friends and to see how we are progressing.

I really hope the seminars go ahead it would be great to meet the people who help us out and make this site what it is, but if not then it would be a shame to waste an oppertunity.

Feedback would be great - please :D

Posted : 30/06/2004 3:33 pm
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

Hi Pet! Welcome back! You have been missed by your many fans ...

Great ideas ... to keep the spirit of GN alive! It would be jolly good to meet up regardless and share guitar tips and have a few pints.

Count me in! 8)

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

Posted : 30/06/2004 9:10 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi Pet! Welcome back! You have been missed by your many fans ...

Great ideas ... to keep the spirit of GN alive! It would be jolly good to meet up regardless and share guitar tips and have a few pints.

Count me in! 8)

LOL - fans I wish, I bet Nick has been glad of the peace and quiet :lol:

Pints - now your talking, first rounds on me 8)

Posted : 30/06/2004 9:16 pm
Page 3 / 6