17 Users
0 Likes
36.7 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Second rounds on me.........

Hey Pet you have fans!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr - jealous!!!

I only have one fan - he's a year old and loves to beat the you-know-what out of my guitars.........grandkids are great!!!

I'll teach him Tequila next year......

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/06/2004 9:29 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dont forget the salt and lemmon's - if your going to teach him your bad habbits Vic make sure you get them right :lol:

(would like to point out Yes I do know it's a song)

Posted : 30/06/2004 10:13 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OK guys - Looks like we are going solo soooooooooo, How does sometime late October early November sound?

We can either stick to the original locations, since the cost will be minimum we could even add a couple more, or find something more central and hire somewhere.

Although it's disappointing, it will be alot cheaper - anyway I'll leave you guys to think about it

Cheers Pet.

Posted : 29/07/2004 5:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well I'm still up for it - and like you say maybe we can squeeze more venues in........

Although it might be better to just have one big get-together, somewhere in the midlands perhaps........hire a venue, split the cost however-many ways.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/07/2004 11:25 pm
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

:( :(

Oh well ... (very sad :( )

I am up for a get together anyhow. Midlands sounds good since it's the middle of the the country (restating the obvious). Late October sounds good we could call it a guitarnoise octoberfest to celebrate guitars and beer!

The more beer you drink the better I will sound :wink: (honest).

Count me in!

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

Posted : 31/07/2004 6:11 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK David, seen your schedule, doesn't look you'l be able to make it over here this year, how about pencilling us Brits in for next year? Maybe June or July, during what laughably passes for summer in this part of the world? We can cope with earlier or later than that, just say the word and we're up and running - or at least off to the bank!!!

Seriously, we'd love to have you over here- and you know you'll get a warm British welcome, the Mrs is already planning Lancashire Hot-Pot for 20.........!

peace,

Vic.

by the way, does anyone have any objections to us having a "Brit Members Get-together" maybe in October or so?
Pet is on holiday for a month so guess who's going to get lumbered with all the work..groan....er what I mean is there any legal reason, etc?

Posted : 18/08/2004 5:46 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

As Pet said to me a couple of weeks ago, looks like we're going solo on this one.....any Brits fancy a get-together, paaaaaaaarty for a day, maybe October/November, give me a PM.....

If we can all get together for a saturday, for example, hire a function room in say Birmingham, split the cost between us....and find a cheap B&B for the night.........

Come on, what d'you think?

I'm willing to do the groundwork/fact finding........

Posted : 18/08/2004 5:58 pm
(@davec)
Trusted Member

I'm up for a get together still, can't see any legal reasons other than maybe health and safety and that depends on where we hold it mostly.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

Posted : 18/08/2004 6:23 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Health and safety - so no sticker removals and no naked soldering then......

:D

Posted : 19/08/2004 2:26 am
(@davidhodge)

Sorry about not being about to make it this year - one day when things calm down I will hopefully be able to talk with everyone about what's been going on.

In the meantime, one of my best friends (and bandmates) from college tells me he may be getting married in May in England, so...

Let's keep the door open because I really want to get over there. But in the meantime, please get together! There's an incredible synergy when people do and I think it would be great.

Peace

Posted : 19/08/2004 2:27 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi David

Sorry to hear that you cant make it over here after all. I understand and appreciate your busy, but it would of been nice if you could of let us know sooner either on this thread or replied to some of the E-Mails Nick, Vic Lewis and Myself sent - especially since Vic and I both noticed your replies on the other seminar threads, I know we're English but are we really that bad? I'm not ranting (well maybe just a little bit) but Vic and Myself worked really hard to try and make this a possiblity. On the other hand there was a discussion about a get together I'm sure Vic Lewis, Twisted Fingers, Me and a few others who shall remain nameles *cough* The Dave *cough* could hunt you down at one of the other Seminars - now that is a scary thought!

Posted : 04/09/2004 12:50 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

In the meantime, one of my best friends (and bandmates) from college tells me he may be getting married in May in England, so...

Peace

Roy?

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 04/09/2004 5:22 pm
(@davidhodge)

Pet - read this week's newsletter and you'll get an answer as to why I've been a bit distracted and couldn't make any concrete plans for this fall. In fact there were two seminars over the summer that I cancelled...

But you're right, I should have been better at correspondence and I apologize for it. Shall not happen again.

Greg - you got it...

Peace

Posted : 05/09/2004 2:25 am
(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

Hello to all!

Still up for a get together? Birmingham (Midlands) sounds good. Count me in ... Late October or November would do.

Welcome back Pet!

The americans let you go? :oops:

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

Posted : 05/09/2004 11:52 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

David - I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, Vic informed me. My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Vic also lost his mum recently too - the world just really sux sometimes. Anyway take care of yourself and stay strong.

November would be Awesome because.......actually No I wont say anything leave it as a surprise for you guys, but I know Vic would be especially pleased by this, and no it doesn't involve any wigs this time I swear!

Birmingham or somewhere sounds great to me, between the 4th and the 15th would be just Awesome heheee.

Awesome Awesome Awesome *does the snoopy dance*

Posted : 08/09/2004 10:34 am
Page 4 / 6