Updates about the MP3s

30 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
11 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

As those of you who sent me MP3s recenlty probably noticed, I haven't updated the mp3 site in several weeks.  I've been kinda busy, and never seemed to get round to it.  Don't worry though, 'cause I'm back on track and should be uploading several MP3s either later today or tomorrow.

That's the first thing.  The second thing is that my site (cuo.org.uk) is being abandoned in favour of a new site I'm building (moosoft.net).  You guessed it, this means that all the MP3s are moving.  The current files will still be available at mp3.cuo.org.uk, for the time being.  New files, however, will be uploaded to http://mp3.moosoft.net/ (the current files are also available there).  After a little while, everything on mp3.cuo.org.uk will be replaced with a page redirecting to mp3.moosoft.net, so those of you who link to mp3.cuo.org.uk from your own web sites (and I know who you are :)) should update your links accordingly.

Also, the address for sending your files in to be uploaded will now be [email protected]

Posted : 03/07/2003 5:44 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

also, when you submit a file you will get a notice that the delivery failed (well, you'll get two if you email [email protected] not @moosoft.net) - just ignore it, it's just the server being dumb :) I'm working on fixing it, but for now just ignore the error.

Posted : 03/07/2003 6:32 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member

If we sent mp3s to the old address before you switched that never got put up, do you still have them and plan to put them up, or do we need to resend them to the new address?

:)Portia

Posted : 08/07/2003 11:12 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I still have them...I have quite a few that I've been meaning to upload...I hope to get round to it soon.

Posted : 08/07/2003 11:36 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member

Ok, thanks a lot - I wasn't trying to rush you or anything, I just didn't want to be waiting for something that wasn't coming.

:)Portia

Posted : 09/07/2003 12:08 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Adam, thanks much for the valuable service you provide.

Posted : 09/07/2003 12:23 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

:) I enjoy doing it, I love listening to everyone's songs....some of the people here are really very good

Posted : 09/07/2003 12:26 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

bad news guys, it seems the backed up files I had are corrupted (thank you microsoft!) so I lost some of your MP3s (along with a lot of other stuff I won't ever be able to get back :().

If you submitted an MP3 to me, and you have not yet received an email saying it was uploaded please resend it to [email protected]

Posted : 15/07/2003 10:49 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just realised that I do have a few MP3s I haven't uploaded yet that were sent before my last post, I will upload those tomorrow.  So if after tomorrow you haven't received confirmation that an mp3 you submitted was uploaded resend it.

Posted : 17/07/2003 1:10 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

A new batch of mp3s just went up, check them out: http://mp3.moosoft.net/

also, just so you all know, I now have a complete mirror of my site on a second server, which includes all the mp3s.  So, if for some reason you can't access mp3.moosoft.net, give http://mp3.mirror.moosoft.net/ a try.  (note that updates made to the main site are mirrored once every 24 hours, so the new mp3s aren't on the mirror site just yet).

Posted : 11/08/2003 2:54 pm
(@strunglikeahorse)
Eminent Member

Hey Adam! Okay I made a right pigs ear of sending you a file lol so if you've got like 2 or 3 different files, be sure to upload the one with " - Final Mix" at the end of the filename. Cheers m'man

- Paul

Who sucked out all my mids?!

http://www.soundclick.com/chimpspanner

Posted : 18/08/2003 12:41 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

don't worry, I only got it once :)  I should be able to get round to uploading it tomorrow some time

Posted : 24/08/2003 5:42 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

wow...my last post was in August? I can't believe it's been that long.  I've been kind of swamped with school and stuff recently, so I haven't been able to do everything I'd like to.

I finally got round to uploading all the songs I've been sent since the last time, so keep 'em coming.  I'm going to try to upload whatever I have each friday, instead of just doing it when ever I get round to it. :)

Posted : 01/10/2003 6:41 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm back, once again after two months of not visiting here :) heh...incase anyone's wondering why, it's because I don't get much time to visit during school time.  But, since it's nearly Christmas, I have some free time :D

anyway, I recently discovered that the mailbox I have set up for receiving your MP3 submissions hasn't been working properly for a while.  As a result, I haven't been getting any MP3s which were sent to me.  So, if you've sent something and it hasn't been uploaded please send it again and I'll get right on it.

I hope to be able to get something automated set up over the next two weeks do that uploading MP3s doesn't depend on me so much. I'll keep y'all posted.

Posted : 22/12/2003 11:59 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just thought I'd let you all know that I recently uploaded some more MP3s (some of which had been waiting for over a month, sorry about that   ::))  -  the reason for the delay is that I moved my site to a different server, and forgot to update the server setting in my mail client for the [email protected] account.  Ah well, live and learn I guess.

Also, I've decided it's about time that I got some kind of content management system up so you guys don't have to wait around for me to upload what you send me. (I mentioned this back in December, but I never got round to it.)  I'm not sure what features you'd all like to see (other than being able to login/upload yourself), so I'd appreciate it if some of you could reply here with some ideas.

Posted : 14/03/2004 5:41 pm
Page 1 / 2