Clear all

Upgrade complete?

30 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'm not receiving the email notifications. I don't know if somebody reports it (I think Roy commented it some days ago).

I received the last one, yesterday 3:12am (GMT+2).

Thanks.

Edit: Sometimes it is difficult to calculate the time, I mean around 23 hours ago from the time in this post.

Posted : 22/07/2008 11:33 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

thanks for your good work, Nick.

hello everybody. it's nice to see you again. I could not access earlier as well.
smooooth and fasssst now.
thanks.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:07 am
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Ditto what Nuno said. I'm not receiving e-mail notifications.

Other than that, the forums seem nice and peppy (as my mom would say :) )

Posted : 23/07/2008 2:10 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Ditto - no email notifications for the last couple of days.

I thought that I'd give it a few hours this morning just to be sure, but I would usually have had some by now. I've been off-line for several hours this morning and there have been new posts in threads that would normally have generated an email.

Chris

Posted : 23/07/2008 2:37 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Are you guys clicking the little notify box again?

No, because it was already ticked. I did check that though.

But...

Email notifications have now started to arrive here too. :D
Albeit somewhat erratically, and trickling through in an odd sequence. But getting email notification doesn't make much difference. I fact I sometimes disable it anyway, so no problem whether it's working or not.

The upgrade looks to be generally successful, so applause from here... :note2: :note1:

Posted : 23/07/2008 6:39 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm still not getting any notifications.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:40 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'm still not getting any notifications.
I don't receive them and I've checked the option and the system reports as "subscribed topic".

I don't receive notifications on PM.

Posted : 23/07/2008 1:52 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm getting mine now. Thanks!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/07/2008 3:14 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Well whatever was wrong earlier today is fixed for me seeing as I am no longer stuck in the alternate GN universe where all the posts were from the 21st.

Thanks Nick. :)

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:08 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

okay, if anyone sees anything NORMAL going on, please alert me immediately
"Crazy" is just another point of view. :D

Everything seems fine on my part. Thanks for the hard work you have put into the upgrade.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:36 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

....it does look very much like the same tatty old bunch of posters that we had before. Can we get some upgrades as well please Nick? I think you said that the new server "will be faster, shinier, have more memory". There's a few of us around here who are getting to the "slower, shabbier, more forgetful" end of the deal, so your quotes for upgrading the membership to match the site would be most welcome...Yes, I could use a lot more memory for sure!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:40 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Well whatever was wrong earlier today is fixed for me seeing as I am no longer stuck in the alternate GN universe where all the posts were from the 21st.

spooky. I was there for a while. now my home computer works fine. however, the work computer
remains in July 21st. it's spooky there all alone now. I can't figure out how to re link the work computer...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 23/07/2008 10:26 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Thanks for posting that. It possibly explains something that happened to me, that I started to doubt afterwards.

After making my first post here yesterday I backed out of the thread and found myself on what was apparently an old page of the Opinions and Polls forum. I recognised a thread of mine just below, and a couple of others. At the time I assumed that this thread had just been moved there, as it's a place where threads are often moved to. So I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screen shot. But when I checked back here, all was as before, and on returning to the Opinions and Polls I arrived at a more recent version with a number of threads above the ones I'd seen.

I couldn't reproduce the effect though, and various possible explanations occurred to me (including another senility attack...) and the last thing Nick and the crew need is me submitting red herrings. So I thought that maybe my machine had fished something out of its own cache, or I'd accidentally had two windows open or something... who knows... But from what you and Dogbite have mentioned then it now looks like I did stray into that alternate universe as well. Now where did we leave the Tardis? Time travel looks quite intriguing...

Chris

Posted : 23/07/2008 10:49 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

It was weird indeed.
TR posted, Nick posted and me and dogbite posted but ours were the only posts on the whole forum that were after the 21st.
Nick gave us some Dos command to try, which I did and then cleared my browser cache but it didn't fix it. I even rebooted but nothing, it was that way most of the day. Then mysteriously it was fine after I logged in in the afternoon.

No idea what fixed it but I'm sure glad it's working now. It was lonely there.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 24/07/2008 12:23 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

No idea what fixed it but I'm sure glad it's working now. It was lonely there.

Glad to have you back with us again. :D Getting trapped in parallel universes can wear a bit thin after a while. I must admit though, that I secretly rather like the weirdness of the computer world. It's all so coldly precise and rigidly accurate most of the time that I quite enjoy the fact that it can go all human and odd and unpredictable at times, and then change its mind and start behaving again :shock:

Chris

Posted : 24/07/2008 1:06 am
Page 2 / 2