Skip to content
Wanting to start a ...

Notifications
Clear all

Wanting to start a band, how to find other musicians?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 jman
(@jman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello,
I am to the point in my guitar playing where I really want to start playing with other like minded musicians. I live near Wichita, KS, and am looking at least for someone who plays bass, and someone who plays drums. I have written a few songs, and want to start jamming with others. Does anyone know of a good way to find someone in my area? Any suggestions wouuld be appreciated.
thanks

Quality cannot be defined. Recognize that it exists and admire it for what it is.

Posted : 21/05/2005 10:34 pm
(@mrjazzclassicalmetalshred)
Trusted Member

Flyers maybe?

Album progress:15%

Posted : 26/05/2005 1:59 am
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

TRy this site
http://www.musicmates.com/ just use the drop downs to select your state and city and what you're looking for and it will bring up a list of people in your area, all free of charge

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 26/05/2005 6:06 pm
(@mrjazzclassicalmetalshred)
Trusted Member

That beats the hell outta my idea :D

Album progress:15%

Posted : 26/05/2005 11:58 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

JMAN

I have found the best way to meet musicians is attend Open Mics. Open Mics attract just the very type you are looking for; fellow musicians who have arrived at the point where they are ready to play out and have a strong desire to do so. Of the last 4 bands I have been in, 3 of those I met all the players at an Open Mic. So check out the local papers. You should be able to find quite a few Open Mics in Wichita.

Another good place to search is on Harmony Central. They have a musicians search by city or zip code.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 29/05/2005 6:47 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Good thought Wes! I think I'll use that idea to try to get a drummer for a second band we're trying to form. My best friend put out flyers at two music shops but got no response. All in due time I suppose....

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 18/06/2005 12:18 am