Clear all

Well this pretty well sucks...

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

This new layout. It's awful. I can't comfortably read threads, let alone follow them enough to post intellectually. This is terrible. I'll continue to use this great site, for now, but I really wish it'd go back to the old one.

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 17/09/2007 10:53 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I think we just have to adjust, think of it as learning a new song in a genre you don't ever play.

Posted : 17/09/2007 10:58 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

SG, I think if you keep coming you'll get used to it. I didn't like it at first, but now I don't have a problem with it anymore.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 17/09/2007 11:08 pm
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

SG, I think if you keep coming you'll get used to it. I didn't like it at first, but now I don't have a problem with it anymore.

I better adjust. God forbid I ever actually do anything IMPORTANT :roll: :lol:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 17/09/2007 11:12 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I like it a whole lot better than some! I quit going to the MusicPlayer discussion boards, of which I used to frequent the Guitar Player and Keyboard Player forums, not long after they changed their format. I couldn't get happy with that one.

I'm liking this one pretty well, though I'm old and cranky enough to fuss about most any change. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 17/09/2007 11:21 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, new layout took some adjustment, and when they changed it, I was in the middle of a nice migraine, so everything was making me want to barf...literally. Color change helped the contrast I think? Something did, that's for sure.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/09/2007 12:58 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's had some adjustments in response to user comments. Improved it significantly.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 18/09/2007 1:07 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i hate change of nearly any kind, but a suggestion to turn off the avatars and sigs settled me right down.
now i really like it, especially since Paul tweaked the colors a bit.

#4491....

Posted : 18/09/2007 3:11 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

i hate change of nearly any kind, but a suggestion to turn off the avatars and sigs settled me right down.
now i really like it, especially since Paul tweaked the colors a bit.

+1

It's great; and the new features are great too.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 18/09/2007 10:23 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's a guitarist thing: they don't like change of any kind. Whether it's the size of a headstock, the layout of a forum or the font on the toneknob, people will complain for long, long times.

On the bright side, I think people who cannot find anything more important to get upset about must be having very lucky and blessed lives.

Posted : 18/09/2007 12:36 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

It's a guitarist thing: they don't like change of any kind. Whether it's the size of a headstock, the layout of a forum or the font on the toneknob, people will complain for long, long times.

On the bright side, I think people who cannot find anything more important to get upset about must be having very lucky and blessed lives.
Happy, happy, joy, joy...no worries, no cares, this forum rocks. You guys rock.

Oh,... it must be a drummer thing.... :P

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 18/09/2007 9:23 pm
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Is there a reason you don't seem to like me? Or am I reading into this too much?

Posted : 19/09/2007 12:56 am
(@davidhodge)

You're reading too much into it.

Peace

Posted : 19/09/2007 1:49 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Happy, happy, joy, joy...no worries, no cares, this forum rocks. You guys rock.

Oh,... it must be a drummer thing.... :P

drumbot strikes again

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 19/09/2007 3:22 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

drumbot strikes again

and rat-a-tat-tat all over your hat.

Said drummer bot, that I am.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"