Where's the "Search" function.

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Is it just me or has the "Search" function disappeared?

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

Posted : 23/12/2004 11:07 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Early this year there was a discussion suggesting the search didn't really work all that well. The recommended solution was to use Google and do a site-specific (GN, of course) search. If you are unfamiliar with site-specific searching, I believe it is described in Google's advanced search instructions.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 23/12/2004 1:09 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Narn - look for it, man :lol: :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 23/12/2004 4:18 pm
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Search for the "search" , eh?

Gnease, thanks , I remember reading that now that you mention it. It's good to see that there are still some folks out there who are willing to help, truly help. Not offer some snarky reply that destroys a persons self esteem. A thoughtless jest that makes them question their worth and intelligence. Of all the things a person could say to hurt their fellow man around the holidays. Boy I tell 'ya there's no accounting for some people and how they can spout off a few words and just crush someone else without a thought.

(Sigh!!!) Just when I was beginning to believe again in my fellow man I get scorned, scorned I tell 'ya. Well I remember back in '39, no wait, it was '37, or was that yesterday. Anyway we were riding the rails around the South, just a few if us , couple of guitars, a mouth harp. Scrounged what we could from where we could. Good life, I tell 'ya. Well, I went from 396 pounds down to 73 pounds in just 14 days on that diet. No Richard Simmons then,nothing but shoe soup and camel droppings . Ah! The freedom of the rails.

Well we pulled into Baton Rouge, or was it Whitehorse, anyway it was some town with a colour in the name. Red (we called him that on account of the fact he had these tattoss of writing all over his face) was feeling blue. Blue didn't much like that and smacked Red a good one right between the eyes. Red didn't much cotton to that and asked Blue why he did it. By that time Blue didn't look so good. He got to feelin' green.Green being a peace loving person (Peace that is, not peice) didn't think nothing of it and forgave him right on the spot. After that you couldn't separate the two. Eventually they moved to Canada and got married. Grenn changed his name, 'yep, he became Green-Peace he did. Wouldn't 'ya know it his first name was Inna so his full name was then Inna Green-Peace. The two of them later went on to found some group or another that wanted to save all the animals, especially seals or some such thing. I think they called it Save The Whales or something.

I supposed the moral of the story is if Green - Peace can make up and try and save the whales I supposed I can find it in my heart to forgive 'ya Greybeard. 'Ya hurt me though. :wink:

Now you know where your tax dollars are going on Tips Eve.

Take care you guys and have a good christmas.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

Posted : 23/12/2004 4:59 pm
(@bojack)
Trusted Member

Sorry but Google's site specific search function doesn't work right either. This is how its done, supposedly: <key words> site:<site url>. For example, I just tried searching for a topic about the best way to practice scales so I typed:

best way to practice scales site: http://forums.guitarnoise.com/index.php

Didn't get anything. So I kept simplifying it, all the way down to just the word "scales" and looking for it in the "guitar player's discussion" section of these forums and even on the main site (just https://www.guitarnoise.com ). Still didn't get anything. So either no one's talking about scales on this site :roll: or searching that way is useless.

Posted : 02/01/2005 9:59 pm
(@olive)
Estimable Member

try leaving out the "http" section. Just use site:www.guitarnoise.com

I was able to get lots of hits that way.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

Posted : 02/01/2005 10:10 pm