Clear all

Yeah, Swine Flu really sucks.

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Yeah I had it about I dunno 3 weeks ago but I missed all those 3 weeks I even had to go to the hospital because of complications with the Tamiflu, oh and btw watch out for that Tamiflu its really strong on the stomach, it gave me Gastritis.

I went to school like one whole week and then had to miss this Monday Tuesday and Wednesday because I spent too much time without eating and the Gastritis came back O_O.

Fortunately the week I was able to school I played in school with the Guitar Group and in the Drum thing, actually the Drum Thing has an out-of-school gig we are going to a hotel to play for money :D, I hope I feel better by then, of course I would like to be playing guitar but I guess I'll have to settle.

I couldn't play much guitar while I had the Flu, I was really knocked out, I managed to play like an hour a day but just doing some excersises and the like just to keep my hands fresh.

When I got back to it it was really great Creativity is thriving now, well it was anyway I've got Gastrtitis now so I'm mostly in bed and play a bit, but yeah, just wanted to talk about it ^^.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 26/11/2009 2:18 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

bummer.
you need to change your avatar name to match the image.
change it to Gastritus. :lol:
bummer. hope you feel better.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 26/11/2009 5:07 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I feel ya man, my wife and 2 year old had it about the same time you did.

But with my son, we couldn't give him anything because of his age, just tylenol and motrin. Everyone came out okay, but yeah, it sucks, I feel your pain.

Hope you feel better!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 27/11/2009 9:42 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Glad you're feeling better. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/11/2009 1:23 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

This thread and the other one helped convince me.

I took the kids to get the shot today. I got one too.
It took longer doing the paperwork than anything else. The lineups at the clinics are only about 15-20 min.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 28/11/2009 4:34 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Wow, to get my sons....we waited an hour and a half.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 28/11/2009 4:53 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Don't believe all that negative spin that you hear about the Canadian medical system :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 28/11/2009 5:17 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hope you feel better!

It seems the virus is mutating. There are a couple of cases in France and also here.

Posted : 28/11/2009 1:24 pm
(@melody)
Eminent Member

Don't believe all that negative spin that you hear about the Canadian medical system :wink:

Don't get me started!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted : 28/11/2009 2:23 pm
(@melody)
Eminent Member

Anytime there is that much hype about something I am a little cautious.

If you go to the FDA website and do some research you will see the vaccine for H1N1 does contain Thimerosal (25 mcg mercury). That concerns me. I'm not so sure I understand the necessity of a vaccination program of this magnitude for a flu that really isn't all that serious unless you fall into a 'high risk' category. I guess each person has to make the decision for themselves and hopefully be comfortable with that.

Posted : 06/12/2009 6:06 am
(@tornadoalley)

The problem with H1N1 was that in a small portion of cases, it was killing people in good health. This is very similar to the Spanish Flu of the early 2oth century, and is the reason it became such a big deal. I have not heard whether or not it actually is the same strain, so whether or not the fear was well founded, I don't know. Unfortunately, the media really fanned the fear and turned it into a hysteria. In reality, H1N1 has not caused any more deaths than the normal flu does, and for the most part, the same populations are at risk for both.

Thimerosal is used in multi-dose vaccines as a preservative. It is used in very few vaccines now, even though there have not been any studies establishing a causal link between thimerosal and autism. You can do a quick google search if you need to prove it to yourself, just make sure you use reputable sites and journals. The amount of mercury in the thimerosal you would get in a shot is less than what you would get in a diet rich in seafood. The thimerosal-autism scare is another media fanned hysteria that unfortunately puts people at risk for diseases proven to cause illness in order to avoid an unproven risk. Autism is a disorder that we do not understand. It will only be through good scientific research that we make any progress in preventing or curing autism.

Coolnama, glad you're better, though. Sucks that you went from this to the parasite. :(

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right..." - Stewie Griffin

Posted : 12/12/2009 4:45 am