Clear all

Yet Another Health Issue

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm afraid that stuff is still happening. Some might remember some minor ear surgery last month and that it's been surrounded by migraines and infections the bulk of the year. They finally did an MRI and found what they think is an infection in the bone behind the ear. Getting 2nd opinion as it's quite rare. That comes Monday. I'm on some potent stuff that takes the edge off the pain, so it's bearable. Almost went to th ER Saturday night, so they gave me some heavier duty stuff. Looks like I might be living off of IV antibiotics for a while. Will know soon.

In the meantime, I've played guitar sparingly and very quiet when I do play. Sometimes I have small stretches of a few hours where I can read and do things without being sick. With these migraines, my mind is mush and add to it the pain releiver, I'm mostly qualified to just drool on things. Weird things happen when I play too, like not remembering the song's chords, etc. Good times!

Don't worry though. The very same warped sense of humor I had before it began is still here. I checked the Nipple Discharge box on the symptom sheet this week. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/10/2007 3:37 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Think positive, Keep on Chooglin'.
Get well.

#4491....

Posted : 19/10/2007 9:03 am
(@rmorash)
Estimable Member

Sounds somewhat similar to what happened to one of my brother-in-laws. Doctors thought he had a brain tumor but it turned out to be a broken bone in his ear (one of the little ones which I forget what it's called). They think it was damaged when he had a cold and coughed/sneezed. In any case i hope your diagnosis is quickly remedied and you get back to playing as before.

Get well soon!

Posted : 19/10/2007 10:11 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Migraines are the worst, I know! :cry: In the winter months (especially), I suffer from severe sinus problems. My head feels like it is about to explode at times. Not much seems to give me relief. I can try warm saltwater soaks, & that does break things up for awhile...

It really stinks since I am a "cold weather" person & I love being outside in the winter, cutting wood, snowmobiling, etc. It definantly puts a damper on activities. I have to tell my son, "can you please turn that dang video game down!!!" (or off, preferably) :D

On another note (no pun intended) he is finally expressing an interest in playing an instrument. Piano, guitar, or drums; he is not sure...or maybe all three!

At any rate, hang in there rparker, hopefully the Dr.'s will get an accurate diagnosis for you soon, & you can start the healing process.

Posted : 19/10/2007 11:29 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey, guys can get nipple discharges and other breast problems, too!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 19/10/2007 12:14 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hope you are feeling better soon Roy.
Hang in there!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/10/2007 12:24 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hoping for the best for you Roy! Get better soon! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/10/2007 9:37 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i hope you feel better soon.

Posted : 19/10/2007 11:07 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey Roy, sorry to hear of your latest problems....seems like this year's been about as much fun for you as 2006 was for me - broken arm, severed tendon amongst other things....got to be someone else's turn next year. Hopefully not a GN member!

Fingers crossed that things improve for you.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/10/2007 11:15 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Roy, Keep on keeping on! As George Harrison said "All Things Must Pass". So my wish to you is a Healthy new year(May the new year come early). :D
ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 20/10/2007 1:04 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

My impression is you are a tough and stubborn teddy bear.

You'll whoop this as fast as everything else! Whip it good! :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/10/2007 1:33 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I wish you luck! Migraines are horrible, a friend of mine suffers from them as well. I hope they're solved.

Posted : 20/10/2007 1:54 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks again for the well wishes. At least there is a potential of curing the problem and not the symptoms and side effects that's nailed me for so long. The price? Possible long treatment road ahead of me.

I've got a pretty good support group. My wife, of course, and then a few nurse friends, etc. One even offered to administer the daily IVs if needed. I think she might just wanna jab me with needles though. :lol:

There will be one good picture coming out of this though. Gonna rig the IV stuff up on my Harley and take a shot of me riding it up the street. Should be funny. I'll have to remember to send to Mom.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/10/2007 7:49 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Roy, migraines are a bad issue. You should try to relax but it is not easy. Don't worry, all things finish.

I hope you get feel better soon. :D

Posted : 20/10/2007 11:27 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That ought to be a GREAT picture, Roy! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 21/10/2007 1:50 am
Page 1 / 2