Clear all

A "better than the origional"? Jam

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Just a thought - but does anybody fancy me uploading a backing track to a well known song (sweet home alabama, living on a prayer etc), and then, creating our own solo to it, that is different to the origional solo? Instead of all jamming on the same mp3, I could put all our efforts up on soundclick and we can look at how each of us differed from the origional?

I know it has been quiet round here for a bit, so i will upload the tracks if there is some interest shown and we can all chose the track we want to use then :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 08/07/2011 5:46 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

If you're still considering this, I'd be interested. It sounds like fun and another chance for me to mangle stuff. :-)

Posted : 26/07/2011 6:57 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well Al I'd be interested too. I haven't really tried recording and not sure if I could pull it off but I'd like to hear the BT and work on it regardless. I know it would sound like poop but I need to start doing something to improve my skills.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 26/07/2011 7:16 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

i dont know how i missed these replies, sorry :oops: :oops:

But if you guys are still up for it, ill post a list of the backing tracks i have and we can decide on a song to use if you want?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

Posted : 20/10/2011 11:27 am
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi "Almann"
I am also interested to be in on this one, regardless of type of BT.
/Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

Posted : 20/10/2011 4:42 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Brilliant stuff. :D

How about sweet home Alabama? That has easy repeating chords, so should be easy to knock up a backing track where we all take a go at putting our own solo in??

We could even take "the winner" and put it into the actual song itself?

That is only one suggestion, we could use another song if you want? All along the watchtower, or little wing, sweet child of mine, or even a bit of rock n roll, like Jonny b Goode? Or a ballard like let it be?

Feel free to name your own songs, I have tons of backing tracks, or do you want me to make a list we can vote on?

Posted : 26/10/2011 8:19 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

No real preference from me. If one particular song makes it easier for you to arrange, (like you mentioned with Sweet Home Alabama), then I say go for that one.

Posted : 28/10/2011 7:18 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Okay, I'll stick a well known backing track up before the end of the week, but make sue I only post the bit where the solo should go.

I'm looking forward to it.
Cheers, Al

Posted : 08/11/2011 7:37 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sounds good unfortunately I will not be able to do anything with this one I am still rehabbing from my broken finger and I still can't bend my finger enough to play at this point. But I'll definitely work on something when I am able even if it's just for me.

It'll be nice to hear what everyone else does with it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 09/11/2011 6:07 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Sorry I have been dragging my feet with this. In all honesty I have had my laptop from school switched to an iPad, and I don't really know yet how to use it to upload stuff. :oops:

I will make sure I upload one next time I get access to a desktop somewhere.

Posted : 27/11/2011 12:11 am