Clear all

another collaboration

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

well me and the drummer from our band wrote a song together and personally i really like it and think it has potential. on the downside, between spending time with our families, working, and gigging we have approximatley no time to finish recording it.
neither of us have a clue how to record properly and neither of us can sing so as a result the recordings we have of this half recorded song suck :D

however, like i said i love it and want to finish it.

if anybody is interesting in somehow helping by either supplying a full drum track, bass line, re-doing my guitar solo if you think mine sucks, singing, or anything like that i would be over the moon to have your assistance.

i do not know how this would work, but if people are interested in finishing a raw (but in my opinion only - good) song, then reply here and i will PM you to try and sort out emailing you the song so far - if you dont like it you can always back out :D

what i really need are people who can record without a load of background noise and latency like i get and i know that there are lots of you here.

by the way, if it gets to number one you will be listed as a main contributing artist - if it gets to number 1001 i will make sure you are listed as the only artist :lol:

only kidding, anyway, whose game?? please :roll:

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 30/10/2008 9:14 pm
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Almann
I would be interested to be involved in a song "project" like this.
When I want to do a completly new song or a new version of a song I do it like this:
I first start to find out the basic rythm and chord progression for the song (the song idea).
Next step is to make a and record a basic drum track for the song according to the decided rythm and song progression.
after that i record a basic rythm instrument (guitar etc) track.
That will be the skeleton I build the song around.
Then I will add more instrument and vocal tracks.
I will probably also modify or exchange the basic drum and rythm instrument track to better versions.
Then I will add effects on the different tracks and do a stereo balanced and level master mix of the tracks.
/Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

Posted : 01/11/2008 8:43 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

thanks kalle.
well the song is already written - what i need is somebody to listen to it and supply either drums, bass, lead or rhythm, or vocals.
i am more than happy for people to change the way i played it, and use their own interpretation, i just do genuinely like this song and would like to see a decent recording finished :D
anyway, if you want to hear it, give me a PM with an email address i will send it to you and you can pick the part(s) you would like to do.

thanks Kalle :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 01/11/2008 9:20 am