Clear all

Anyone Up For A Blues Spring Jam?

21 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
13.8 K Views
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'll take a spot on team 2 if available.

As long as it's a blues jam, not a pink floyd jam ... :P

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 16/03/2010 10:53 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Hi, long time lurker here. Would love to give this a go if you still need someone.... and as long as no one makes fun of my "advanced beginner" playing. :wink:

Posted : 17/03/2010 1:37 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hammer, welcome to GN! No-one will ridicule you. It's a nice place. Treat people with dignity and respect and you get it in return ten-fold.

OK, so it now looks like:
1. Roy
2. Vic
3. Kalle
4. Dan
5. Al (can I call you Al?)
6. Slej
7. Hammer (Hammer, introduce your self in the Meet & Greet section, get a few posts. You'll need to get up wtih the minimum limit to have your posts timely appear. It's a safety net for all of us.

I got kind of an idea. Two seperate projects. One, a very Floyd-ish piece as Kalle described it. The second, am excercise in makeing that original track sound bluesy.

Kalle, I've got some beginning of a BT for the shine on song that isn't too polutted. We could expand the "Floydesque" project really as much as we want, and the other, original piece I downloaded will have the added challenge of not soudning like Pink Floyd (or Gilmour, if you will.

So, folks, you can join in on one or both projects as you like. I'll put my head together with Kalle and see if we can come up with something a little more lengthy and such. A proper intro, outro, a few various sections, etc.

All's I need is who wants a part of project 1, the non Floydesque slow blues jam, and I'll need to know who wants in on Kalle's idea of a Floydesque jam. I'm leaning towards wanting to do both myself. :mrgreen: Regardless, I'll put together something and see if it's liked.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/03/2010 3:36 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'm just interested in the blues jam. Just let me know what team I'm on & what slot to play. 8)

Roy - you may want to start a seperate thread for the "Floydesque" project to keep things from getting too confusing.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/03/2010 10:24 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That's probably a good idea Dan. I'll do that this morning.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/03/2010 10:38 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OK, I've created two different threads.

Blues Thread: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=47901

'Floydesque Thread: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=47899

Please go to the thread(s) of your choice and indicate to me which one you want to do. You can do both if you want.

Roy

Posted : 17/03/2010 11:10 am
Page 2 / 2