12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Here's another backing track--Slow RocknRoll in Ab7 they call it:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=488456

If you'd like to host a jam with it or just play around on your own with it, you're welcome to it.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 02/02/2007 5:15 am
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Hmmm, not to be an annoyance (I just can't help it), but isn't "Slow Rock and Roll" also commonly known as "Blues"? :wink:

It ain't what you play man, its how you play it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401901

Posted : 04/02/2007 2:49 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hmmm, not to be an annoyance (I just can't help it), but isn't "Slow Rock and Roll" also commonly known as "Blues"? :wink:
And some of us thought a backing track with a name like "Dry County" ought to be a country tune, but it ain't.

The backing tracks I've posted are already named by the site I downloaded them from, and for clarity's sake (in my own files and for those who might visit the same BT site) I've kept the original names.

So go back to sorting your candy by color. :lol:

Margaret

Posted : 04/02/2007 3:39 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

And some of us thought a backing track with a name like "Dry County" ought to be a country tune, but it ain't.

The backing tracks I've posted are already named by the site I downloaded them from, and for clarity's sake (in my own files and for those who might visit the same BT site) I've kept the original names.

Margaret...green, red, yellow, yellow, red, brown......

Posted : 04/02/2007 4:22 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool track, couln't stop my new guitar from playing over this. :D
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=31307

Being the whiner I am, track isn't as much misleading as it's wrong. A song isn't in Ab7 as Ab7 is a chord, not a key. The song is in Ab, and makes heavy use of 7th chords. Not that it's your fault but still felt like whining. ;)

Posted : 21/02/2007 4:10 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Margaret
...green, red, yellow, yellow, red, brown......
Brown? brown!? That's it, I ain't playing :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/02/2007 4:22 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I'm sure it's a challenge to come up with unique names for the backing tracks to differentiate one from another, and that may be part of the reason for the misnomers.

BB King
BB Kingish
BB Kinglike
BB Kingsounding
BB King style
BB King mode
BB King type
BB King clone
BB King ..........

and I'm out of ideas on that list....but you get the idea.

And Mis, I believe the brown M&M's must have more chocolate in them, so just hand them over if you don't like brown. :P

Margaret

Posted : 21/02/2007 5:54 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Margaret
...green, red, yellow, yellow, red, brown......
Brown? brown!? That's it, I ain't playing :wink:
I don't understand the issue about brown. The original M&M's color was brown. Although, I prefer green. An urban legend claims green M&Ms are an aphrodisiac.

More M&M colors triva.
In the United States, several different seasonal and promotional M&M colors are available:
Black and orange are sold for Halloween

Yellow, orange, and tan used to be sold a month or two before Thanksgiving as "autumn colors." These have been replaced by the Halloween colors, followed immediately by the Christmas colors.

Red and green candies are sold the month before Christmas

Candies in shades of pink are sold for Valentine's day (there are also special packages of green-only M&M's)

Pastel colored candies (light pink, green, and blue) are sold for Easter

Red, white, and blue candies are sometimes sold for American Independence Day or certain promotions

Pink and white M&M's have been released in limited supply in connection with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

The 2004 animated movie Shrek 2 inspired M&M's that were green with brown speckles.

White chocolate M&M's were released in white, yellow, pastel skin, and blue candies in late spring 2006 as a Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest movie tie-in.

In 1960 they introduced red, yellow, and green. In 1976 they removed red (because of the red dye scare) and introduced orange. Red was reintroduced in 1987.

In 1995, the consumers voted on the addition of blue.

Posted : 21/02/2007 9:23 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Van Halen used to to have "a bowl M&Ms with all the brown ones removed by hand" as a rider on their contracts. If the bowl wasn't there, or it contained a single brown M&M, they could just walk out, get full pay, and it was all legal. People often quote it as diva-like behaviour, but actually the line was hidden deep within their safety tech specs - they knew that if the M&Ms weren't there, then the venue hadn't read their safety requirements closely enough :wink:

(Actually, I always though it was Led Zep but when checking it seems to be Van Halen. Learn something new and all that... :))

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/02/2007 10:59 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Yup, here's a snopes article about that very clause.

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/vanhalen.htm

Posted : 21/02/2007 11:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Cool track, couln't stop my new guitar from playing over this. :D
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=31307

Being the whiner I am, track isn't as much misleading as it's wrong. A song isn't in Ab7 as Ab7 is a chord, not a key. The song is in Ab, and makes heavy use of 7th chords. Not that it's your fault but still felt like whining. ;)

That's not whining - that's being accurate. Whining is what footballers do when a defender dares intrude on their 10-yard personal space and they say to the ref "He was too close and he tried to kick me, you should send him off" - like Puyol complained to the linesman tonight when Stevie G tackled him....they both slid for the ball from about 5 yards away, Puyol got there a fraction of a second earlier - then tried to get Gerrard sent off.....

Or you could be called pedantic. I always think of Noteboat as pedantic - especially when it comes to Sus2 chords - but 99.9999 percent of the time, he's right....

Or you could just be right.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/02/2007 11:28 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

M&M's can be ordered personalized, too. At my nephew's wedding last summer, each place setting had a little netting pouch tied with ribbon, and the M&M's contained within had the bridal couple's names on them. :roll:

Margaret

Posted : 22/02/2007 1:21 am