16.3 K Views
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

Okay so the slots are now as like this:

Slot 1 - bstgutarist
Slot 2 - Shibby
Slot 3 - Open
Slot 4 - Open

And lets use the same format nroberts has used for his jam. Here is a link to his turtorial using audacity:
http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30219 (Thanks nroberts!!)

2 slots are open and all are welcome!!!

Shibby

I'll do 3.

Posted : 04/04/2005 11:39 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member

I'm not much of a lead player, but sure why not.

I'll do the last spot.

Posted : 05/04/2005 3:49 am
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Great then we are all set.

Slot 1 -- bstguitarist
Slot 2 -- Shibby
Slot 3 -- nroberts
Slot 4 -- Shift

and my email again is [email protected]

Posted : 05/04/2005 1:29 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Great

So what do you want? The orginal track, with my guitar included, and a track with just my guitar from the start of the song?

How are you going to line up everyone? Do you need the track, with some clicks in front of it, to line up the timing? I'll email you the orignal track, with some clicks in front to line up everyone's track, if you want.

That way, you can share that track with everyone to help line up your timing.

Posted : 06/04/2005 12:57 am
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

What I want, as host, is a two file set from participants. The first file contains a 128bit mp3 with a 44.1kHz sample rate. This is just basically a CD quality audio file with all the stuff I can't hear anyway taken out of it (debatable of course). This file contains only your playing, meaning I can only hear you in it, except for the first couple of seconds which will contain part of the backing track so that I can line up the parts; this section usually has drum clicks in it. The beginning section might need to provide themselves and a later section of the track for alignment if they start playing right away; you must leave your part clean so I can take the clicks out of your track without damaging your submission.

The second file is a low quality mp3 of your section with the backing included; this provides an extra layer of certainty so I can be sure the tracks ligned up how the participant hears them. A good setup for this file is a 64bit mp3 at 44.1kHz.

Quoted from nroberts tutorial. We don't need the clicks we will just use the beginning of the track.

Hope this helps. If you need more help try reading the rest of his tutorial it is reallly helpful.

Shibby

Posted : 06/04/2005 2:14 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

looking forward to hearing this 8) 8) the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 06/04/2005 4:45 am
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Sorry guys but the email address I gave you has a 1 meg limit :oops:. Please email your tracks to this email address instead [email protected] . Sorry Guys!! :oops:

Shibby

Posted : 07/04/2005 6:08 pm
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Hey shibby,
#1... I probably wont be able to work on it untill the weekend... schools been wierd lately and our basement flooded so I havent been able to do much up until now since things are returning to normal. #2, do youwant a Gmail account? I got like 50 invites, its totally free and ive never gotten spam from them. plus they literally keep adding space. For the first year everyone (Each account) had one gig (1,024 Megs) of space. Then in the beginning of aprill it jumped up to 2 gigs and now it will not stop addidng, its currently up to 2069.4195 megs.... wait 2,069.4196... lol u get mey point? plus i dont even thingk there is a bandwidth limit, you may be able to send any file size lol! Just post back if u want one... this applies to anyone who reads this as well. check out the space available at http://www.gmail.com

This is Google search engine mail BTW

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

Posted : 08/04/2005 1:24 am
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I would love a gmail account. I was just thinking today about how much I would love a gmail account. Isn't it funny how stuff like that works out. Let me know whatever I need to do. thanks you are the man!

thanks
shibby

Posted : 08/04/2005 2:53 am
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

I would love a gmail account. I was just thinking today about how much I would love a gmail account. Isn't it funny how stuff like that works out. Let me know whatever I need to do. thanks you are the man!

thanks
shibby

Send me your email address through PM or roberts.noah at gmail and I will send you an invite. After a couple weeks or less everyone gets 50 invites to hand out and they seem to renew themselves faster than you can give them away :p

Posted : 08/04/2005 7:06 am
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

Sent mine in. First thing I recorded with the new Pod XT I bought. These things are pretty damn cool.

Posted : 10/04/2005 7:14 am
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Sent mine in a couple days ago as well. Looking forward to hearing you guys.

Posted : 10/04/2005 4:13 pm
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Finished mine up last night. So 3 of the 4 are finished. So expect the finished product soon.

Shibby

Posted : 11/04/2005 4:40 am
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Sorry I havnt been around lately... Im in High School and they worked us pretty hard this week. Right now im on April vacation for the next week, which would explain why they worked us hard :wink: . Right now Im going to go help a neighbore move so Ill try and get to practice tonight and record soon since I have the week off. Again sorry for being the straggler... didnt expect it but they decided to give me projects and homework all at the same time...

Talk to ya soon!
Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

Posted : 16/04/2005 12:54 pm
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Don't worry guys I haven't forgot about his jam. Still waiting on the last guy to send me his input. If I can get it before this weekend we can see a finished product on monday....

Posted : 20/04/2005 2:03 pm
Page 2 / 3