GN Funk Jam

278 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
48 K Views
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Go right ahead, if he doesn't have the time I'll mix it for you.

Thanks, man but I'm good.

Vink and astonefox, go for it. Find two others, get a team name and I'll await your parts.

Thanks, guys! I am trying to find two more partners...will let you know as soon as I find them.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 10/01/2007 3:26 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'll give it a go. (Preferably the last section, but not too fussed :wink:)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 10/01/2007 10:22 am
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Vink and astonefox, go for it. Find two others, get a team name and I'll await your parts.

Bish, I've got the team lined up, will finalize the name and send it to you soon: the line up is going to be dl0571, vink, astonefox, misanthrope.

--vink

Posted : 10/01/2007 8:51 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Good job, vink.

I took a guess at the name and posted it in the progress thread. I thought I'd seen you call your team something but can't find it at the moment. If the name I used is incorrect, let me know and I'll fix it.

Good luck Team!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 10/01/2007 10:04 pm
(@Anonymous)

I made up a cool riff this morning! I'm getting there... slowly but surely.

I really enjoy this jam thing XD

Posted : 11/01/2007 1:08 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Good job, AK.

How about the rest of the teams. Have we forgotten or are we done participating?

Still waiting on the Funks and Mods. :twisted:

Bish

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:16 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I haven't, I'm just having trouble being fuuunkaaay :(

I have rocky-fusiony-type stuff to fall back on, but I'm not willing to admit defeat just yet :wink:

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:21 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

How about the rest of the teams. Have we forgotten or are we done participating?

No, no, we have not forgotten .. but Funk is new for me too .. so I am struggling. But, that which does not kill you makes you stronger :-)

--vink

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:51 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I broke two fingers yesterday, so I'm out for now. I told Funkalicious to either replace me or to have one of them do two parts.

:sad:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/01/2007 5:22 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

I broke two fingers yesterday, so I'm out for now. I told Funkalicious to either replace me or to have one of them do two parts.

:sad:

Oh, that's really too bad .. did you fall on the ice or something? I just got off a phone call, and someone said their neighor broke an ankle going out ice skating in the road. Not fun being stuck in a ice storm and then getting hurt.

--vink

Posted : 17/01/2007 6:17 pm
(@Anonymous)

I'm just having trouble being fuuunkaaay :(

I'm totally going bluesy on this thing. I don't know the first thing about funk :lol:

Sorry to hear you broke 2 fingers Elektrablue. I hope you get back on your fingers quickly :wink:

Posted : 17/01/2007 6:19 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Sorry to hear about your fingers, EB.

How about doing your part with a slide? :D

Bish

Posted : 17/01/2007 9:52 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, Vink, I did do it on the ice! My feet went out from under me and somehow I landed on my left hand (maybe that should read "I landed on top of my left hand" ...) I broke the ring finger just above the knuckle and the pinkie at the knuckle. Both fingers are taped together and are in a cage. (The hip I landed on is almost as sore as my fingers and I'm going to have one heck of a bruise when it finally finishes turning colors! I'm supposed to go back for more x-rays in a few days, but we just got more ice today and the weather people say that this may continue on into the first part of next week. I'm not getting out until it's all gone! We NEVER get this much "winter" and Texans just don't do snowy and icy very well! Give me summertime any day!!

And, Bish, slide would be the ONLY way I might be able to play, but my whole hand and wrist hurts right now, and I just don't enjoy pain that much!!

And, BTW, these are my first broken bones EVER!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/01/2007 10:44 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear that EB :(

Posted : 17/01/2007 11:51 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to here about your accident :shock: The ice is coming toward South Carolina :shock: OK..tape your pinkie and index finger together, put the guitar on your lap ( lap steel style) You can hold the slide well enough and put some Cotton padding on the pinkie cast to mute the strings with :wink:

JUST KIDDING :lol: Hope every thing is OK :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 18/01/2007 12:41 am
Page 18 / 19