GN Spring Blues Jam

61 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
33.7 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This is the original backing track offered in another post. We've seperated the posts to avoid confusion. Here is the backing track.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8882597

Some will be douing a modified version of this designed to be more like Pink Floyd. That thread is located here. https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=47899

Averyone and anyone is welcome to participate in both jams if they like. No problems I think we're here becauyse we actually want to play guitar.

Kalle_In_Sweden was kind enough to estimate the track's time slots. After giving a listen or two, I really like his outline on this. So:

Part 1 is 00:06- 00:59
Part 2 is 00:59 - 01:53
Part 3 is 01:53 - 02:45
Part 4 is 02:45 - end (04:14)

Some fancy editing can occur if we need an additional slot, or we can do two groups with no problems. Here's who I know want to do this Blues track.

For Sure:
Roy
Dan T.
slejhamer
Hammer1 (a new member here to GN)
Allmann79
Kalle_In_Sweden
Vic

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/03/2010 11:05 am
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Hi Roy. Put me down for the blues version of this one. Should be a good challenge, since I love Shine on you Crazy Diamond (which this backing track of course sounds like), and will have to get that sound out of my head, and figure out how to incorporate a blues sound for it. Looking forward to hacking away on it. :)

Thanks !

Posted : 17/03/2010 3:05 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Way to jump right in, Hammer1. Glad you came out of the shadows. :D

I edited roster above. You can still join in the the Floyd jam if you want.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/03/2010 3:46 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

A hammer and a slejhamer! My tool-shed cuzzins are on the loose! Now where is the motley scrüedriver?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 17/03/2010 4:07 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i'd definately like a slot on the original track if possible roy. i may even have a chance to record something tonight if i know what time slot you want me to take?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 17/03/2010 4:53 pm
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Roy
Even if I am fiddling with the Pink Floyd version ( I have new part uploaded), I will also go for this blues version.
/Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

Posted : 17/03/2010 6:44 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hokey Dokey, I got to assume Vic wanted this original BT as well. That's seven of us. Two groups, and I don't think anyone asked for a specific slot yet.

Group 1:
Roy - Part 1
Allman - Part 1
Yash.... Part 3
DanT - Part 4 (carry us home!!!!)

Group 2:
Vic - Part 1
Hammer1 - Part 2
Kalle - Part 3
Slejhamer - Part 4

Kalle, I gave you the smallest part (#3) on group 2 just because I have a little feeling we'll be doing some bigger sections for the Floyd-esque thing. I've got something in mind using your idea.

If anyone wants to switch parts or whatever, feel free to lemme/us know.

PM me for my email address, everyone.

Roy

Posted : 17/03/2010 7:04 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Thanks roy - i have spent some good time on this tonight, and am ready to record. unfortunatley the little un is now in bed, so i cant record as it is too loud :cry:

i have parents evening tomorrow and a gig friday so i wont be able to record until the weekend, but i will try to make sure i email you my part before monday morning. 8)

its a great backing track!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

Posted : 17/03/2010 7:37 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

No rush, man. I have not even put a date on either of these. :)

Roy

Posted : 17/03/2010 8:36 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Hi guys. Just checking in real quick. Unfortunately my mom managed to break her hip on Wednesday, so haven't been able to work on this just yet. Her 78 year old hip is all patched up now, and she is working on standing up and walking.

I hope to get to hacking away on it (the song, not my mom's hip) this week. :)

Posted : 21/03/2010 11:59 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi guys. Just checking in real quick. Unfortunately my mom managed to break her hip on Wednesday, so haven't been able to work on this just yet. Her 78 year old hip is all patched up now, and she is working on standing up and walking.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I understand that it's quite a bit of physical therapy to get back into the swing of things. Best wishes go out to her.

Roy

Posted : 24/03/2010 8:43 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hokey Dokey. Time to put a time cap on this. How about an April 26th deadline to get your MP3s sent to me? I think you all know the routine better than I do.

Please PM me for me email address.

I think I will also need the beginning and ending time markers for where your piece fits in. I've not hosted one before, so if you see something I'm not doing right, lemme know.

Thanks!

Roy

Roy

Posted : 24/03/2010 8:47 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Official rules of engagement are in smokingdog's thread:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18870

So, the suggestion is to send in two tracks, one a mix of your part with the bt, the other just your part.

Hope that helps.

I should have mine done in a week or so.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 25/03/2010 2:17 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I admit I haven't been working on my part until this weekend. :oops: I should have my part completed within the week.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/04/2010 10:38 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

april 26 sounds good! - i have my part half done, and have done for some time, but havent got round to recording it. i am off work for 2 weeks as from tomorrow, so ill get it polished off ASAP.

Posted : 04/04/2010 11:11 pm
Page 1 / 5