61 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
33.7 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

The day before the deadline & still 3 people haven't finished. :roll:

Time to start cracking the whip Roy! :twisted:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/04/2010 1:06 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

We need a whip crackin' emoticon. :|

Boy oh boy, did I ever pick a bad week for a deadline. My wife got her position eliminated. No surprise. Saw it coming. Not doing a whole lot of playing last few days. Being supportive and such. Needless to say, I won't be spending hours at my PC splicing together songs for the next couple of days. She is going necklace making with a neighbor in a bit, so I'll be able to put the final touches on mine. Or replace it. Still undecided. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/04/2010 4:36 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just remembered something rather important. The exteemed mr Vic Lewis had to withdraw from this event, leaving team 2 without a part 1. If anyone else wants to jump in, now's the time. Else, maybe someone has a take or something they did differently than what they submitted earlier and wants to have another chance at it????

Or, if no one else jumps in at the last moment, perhaps Dan would care to do a part 1 for team 2? (Roy's feeble attemot at volunteering someone else. :lol: )

Sorry about the mix up. Been a rather odd week here. I need to go look at who has contacted me and such, but it looks like I have 3 of 4 parts submitted for each team. Rob and whoever replaces Vic are the lone two. I got the team one loosley put together and panned and so far, so good. 8) Time to go mess with Team 2's file now. Should be good as well.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/04/2010 7:16 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Oh boy, this is some good stuff I'm hearing. Both teams and everyone.

I do have to admit that I am holding my head pretty low at what I did. I still have time to change it. :lol:

Roy

Posted : 25/04/2010 8:01 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Or, if no one else jumps in at the last moment, perhaps Dan would care to do a part 1 for team 2? (Roy's feeble attemot at volunteering someone else. :lol: )

I'm on it Roy. :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/04/2010 10:55 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

New part is in the mail Roy.

Since I was sitting in for Vic, I decided to get the Tele out in honor of the old timer. :P

Posted : 25/04/2010 11:16 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

21 minutes from "I'm on it" to "it's in the mail" ?!?!?

Sheesh Dan. Gotta change your handle to "The Minute Man." :wink:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 26/04/2010 12:48 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Minute-Man Dan! It was quick. It was good. Really good. Already installed and loaded. :) Thanks, Dan!

Team 2 is locked and loaded. Just gotta listen to itthrough the headphones and make panning and volume tweaks. Team 1 is in the same boat, except for one part by Rob.

I was the only one who took it really clean, low and slow. It's a pretty good lead in to Al's part. It was tought to do. If I wasn't passing through a note, I had to put something on it to keep from sounding flat. Now I wish I had done something with a bit more bite. That still might happen. I have a day left. LOL

Roy

Posted : 26/04/2010 9:38 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Is there any chance I could squeeze a small slot into this jam, please? :)

Today is the day brohter... let's get it done! :twisted:
Minute-Man Dan! It was quick. It was good. Really good. Already installed and loaded. :) Thanks, Dan!

Thanks Roy, you're too kind. :D
21 minutes from "I'm on it" to "it's in the mail" ?!?!?

Sheesh Dan. Gotta change your handle to "The Minute Man." :wink:

:lol:

Posted : 26/04/2010 10:05 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

yashicamat wrote:
Is there any chance I could squeeze a small slot into this jam, please?

Today is the day brohter... let's get it done!

Only the one slot left to get done. We'll give him a bit more time. Computers, modems, routers, etc, can get hosed leaving one in no-mans land for a few days. :)

IN the mean time, I'm just mixing away and digging what I hear.....after my part ends, of course. :lol:

Roy

Posted : 27/04/2010 3:52 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I pm'd Rob, & this is what he said:
I'm really really sorry about this - I have been away a lot and have had literally no time the last week or so. I'm just about to head away again for another 6 days within the next half hour too. If you can wait that long, I'll sort out my submission on Monday evening . . .

Again, I really apologise - things have been a lot more hectic than I envisaged.

Rob

Not sure if you want to wait that long Roy, but it's your show, so whatever you decide is fine.

Posted : 27/04/2010 9:21 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for letting me know, Dan. I can certainly wait a week. Real life happens. No probs. I'm cool. 8)

Roy

Posted : 28/04/2010 2:09 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

How cool is Dan, stepping in at a moment's notice like that? In your idiom, way to go, man! So sorry I had to drop out...but apparently, I've torn a muscle in my shoulder. It's been 2-3 weeks since I last picked up a guitar - saw the doc today, and he said, "No unnecessary strain on that shoulder whatsoever for the next 3-4 weeks - the more you use it, the longer your recovery time'll be."

So I'm hoping, 2-3 weeks - but it's bloody murder not even being able to pick a guitar up. They're sitting there, staring at me, sad faces, asking, "what have we done wrong?" - I'm trying to convince them it's NOT their fault, and I still love 'em! Worse than having to talk the Mrs round when you've done somehing you shouldn't have done.....at least she'll shout at me!

Sad, depressed - think I'm going to have to write a few blues songs for when I can play again.

Bear with me if I'm a little cranky over the next couple of weeks.......

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/04/2010 10:36 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Vic. I hope it gets back in shape soon.

Do you know what you did to cause the injury.... were you windmilling like Townshend again? :)

Posted : 03/05/2010 12:44 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alllllrighty then! We're done. All submitted as of this morning and I just got done putting team 1's mp3 together. Both are loaded.

A big thanks to everyone who contributed and made this a really simple and pleasurable experience. I will surely jump in and host others in the future as needed. And of course, a big gigantic thanks to DanT for a very quick recording of part 1 for team 2 as Vic fell off injured - again ( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) - and for helping to keep this going for with communications and reminders, etc.

Team 1: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9100538

Team 2: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9100495

I'll put out an announcement on Hear Here.

Roy

Posted : 04/05/2010 4:22 pm
Page 4 / 5