GN Spring Floydesque Jam - UPDATED

32 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
19.5 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kalle, I got your files this afternoon. home network is pretty toasted right now. Hopefully will be fixed in morning. At least I can surf right now. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/04/2010 12:26 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Roy

My parts are ready PM me where I can send them.

:note1: :note1: :note1:

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 20/04/2010 12:37 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I'm working on it....sigh, things got kind of crazy with a virutal jam I was doing, so I'll work on this just as SOON as possible. I'm recording a video this morning, then I'll spend some time working with this.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 20/04/2010 5:52 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That's alright. My connection speed is death on wheels right now. Well, up until this morning. Now the darned thing is running like a scalded dog. One hour before the dude shows up. Incredible.

John, looks like you've got a window of 55 minutes. 7:00 EST until a bit before 8:00 AM when he gets here.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/04/2010 10:00 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anyone waiting on my internet access to be fixed before sending me files, all is repaired. Send away.

Roy

Posted : 20/04/2010 12:21 pm
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Roy
Did you get my files ?
/Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

Posted : 20/04/2010 4:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kalle, I got your files. Sorry about that. I've been battling connection issues and now down to one of five computers or game systems (my son's) misbehaving. I did take a break to do a few more takes on that other jam. I stink.

Roy

Posted : 21/04/2010 2:22 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Is Floydesque a word? Maybe not. Vic will suspend my posting rights if it isn't.

Close enough for rock'n'roll. I'd prefer Floydian, or maybe Gilmourish - but hey, how many great rock'n'roll songs would pass the grammar test? It ain't rock'n'roll if it's spellt write......

:D :D :D

Vic

(Who's just been visited by the grammar police, and told to post a disclaimer - yes, I do know it should read "It is not rock and roll if it's spelled correctly" - told 'em to bugger off and go visit a blues forum. That'll keep 'em busy!)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 24/04/2010 1:57 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hi Roy

I never did check in. Did you receive my files?

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 29/04/2010 9:30 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi Roy

I never did check in. Did you receive my files?

John
Hi John, sure did. sorry to not respond. It's been a crazy week.

Roy

Posted : 29/04/2010 10:40 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alrighty then. Looks like I am about to get back into a somewhat normal routine. Well, after a trip to the In Laws up in Virginia. Nice relaxing weekend at the lake. Probably jam some with Brother-in-Law too. 8)

I'm going to start plugging in the pieces I've received and then get rolling on my own. There are a lot of pieces. I hope to have some sort of status or progress report ready for you all by tonight or tomorrow. Aside from this weekend, I hope to be able to dedicate some time. <knocks on wood>

It been crazy here, crazy I tell ya!

Roy

Posted : 06/05/2010 2:41 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I got my two lead pieces done this afternoon. I think all's that's left is me doing some fills and little rhythm riffs, Joe doing his melody lines and the ever travelling man, yashimicat, and how opening lead parts. Starting to come together very nicely. After it's all said and done, It'll have 13 tracks. As much beginning to end splicing as there is top to bottom, so not that many at the saem time. Still, a bit of a challenge making something this large top to bottom sound decent. So far, so good. 8)

So, if you still have a track outstanding, let me know approximately when you are trying to have yours done by. Thanks. A PM will suffice as always.

Roy

Roy

Posted : 06/05/2010 10:17 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I still have my track outstanding....ugh, I've had no time for almost anything....but I will do my best to get something within two weeks for you....sorry about this guys!!

Posted : 24/05/2010 11:56 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joe, I read your post in the News section. That's quite an effort you're undertaking and FAR more important than fiddling around with us old folks. Are you sure you'll have the time?

Roy

Posted : 24/05/2010 2:09 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

If I don't have it done by the end of next week then I don't know, before that though it's business as usual, so I'll be working on it pretty hard core in the next couple days.

Posted : 24/05/2010 4:35 pm
Page 2 / 3