Clear all

GN Summertime Blues Jam! Finished!!

117 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
28.9 K Views
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member

Well, I'm sure ill regret this, but you can put me down for slot two as my first online GN jam :) Ill do my best to follow up vic, but it probably wont be much! :D

Posted : 30/06/2008 8:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

hey vic, good seeing you around :P

Good to see you too, Taso! How are you getting on with that slide?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/06/2008 11:59 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, I'm sure ill regret this, but you can put me down for slot two as my first online GN jam :) Ill do my best to follow up vic, but it probably wont be much! :D

You've got it! :D

I PM'd you my email addy.

Have fun,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/07/2008 10:38 am
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

Ok, I'll take a slot. It's been ages! :)

Lee

Posted : 01/07/2008 12:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I wouldn't worry too much about following me, falcon1 - rhythm guitar's my strong point. Lead, well - it's improved a little over the last year or so, but still needs a LOT of work.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/07/2008 1:04 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

hey vic, good seeing you around :P

Good to see you too, Taso! How are you getting on with that slide?

Vic

I think "ugh" would be an accurate assessment. I'm not sure if I even brought it home from Philly for the summer, actually. I've been working on Clapton's Blues Before Sunrise though (which is awesome when played by him, and not by me) without the slide, though, because I can't seem to find it, lol.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 01/07/2008 6:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ok, I'll take a slot. It's been ages! :)

Lee

Glad to have you onboard Lee! :D

I gave you Slot #3 on team 2 & I just PM'd you my email addy.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/07/2008 7:48 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I thought I'd put myself down for the last slot on team 2... nope, none of you on team 2 can bail out now, I have written commitments from you all! :twisted:

Since we have a few new jammers participating this time around, I will do a brief tutorial on what to send to me so that everyone is on the same page. I'll try to get that posted later today if I can.

Dan

Posted : 01/07/2008 8:03 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I thought I'd put myself down for the last slot on team 2... nope, none of you on team 2 can bail out now, I have written commitments from you all! :twisted:

Since we have a few new jammers participating this time around, I will do a brief tutorial on what to send to me so that everyone is on the same page. I'll try to get that posted later today if I can.

Dan

Dan if you need help with any of the mix downs, lemme know. I'd be glad to help too :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 01/07/2008 10:59 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ok, I was all ready to write out a tutorial, when I remembered that smokindog did a very nice tutorial for all of us already right here.

The main thing I'll need is your part with the drum beats at the begining of the backing track left on so I can line it up when mixing. What I do is record my part, zoom in a bit on the begining of the BT, and highlight the 1st couple of drum beats just before the music starts, and then use the "trim" function, (I use Audacity, so your software may call it something else), to delete the rest of the BT, leaving the 1st couple of drum beats, and then silence until your part comes up, (unless you are doing the 1st slot of course).The file should be a 128bit mp3 with a 44.1kHz sample rate.

The most important thing about these jams is to have fun, and maybe even learn a thing or two in the process, so take your time & have fun with it. :D

Dan

Posted : 02/07/2008 1:57 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

If the next to last slot on Team 2 is still open, throw me in there.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 02/07/2008 11:33 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

You've got it jwmartin! :D

I'll PM you.

Dan

Posted : 02/07/2008 7:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK, been working on it, I'll record and send my part in the AM (British AM, that is!)....for better or worse. I'm a gonna raise a fuss, I'm a gonna raise a holler....probably enough fuss and holler to get me banned from the jam forum.....oh well...!

Vic

Posted : 02/07/2008 11:49 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I got a PM from Vic saying he won't be able to participate in the jam after all. :( Too bad, since I think Vic is a very good guitarist, but life does have a way of getting in the way sometimes.

Slot #1 on team 2 is now open again.

Dan

Posted : 06/07/2008 11:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just found a nice little surprise in my mail box this evening; mesa monster's part that opens up Team 1's jam. :D Very cool & bluesy for a summer evening. 8)

Dan

Posted : 07/07/2008 2:04 am
Page 2 / 8