Jam Incubator -- Collabo for Beginners

173 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
50.4 K Views
 RWB
(@rwb)
Eminent Member

Put me down for slot 2. I'll start going over this thread. Thanks for putting this together.

Robert

Posted : 29/01/2007 10:51 pm
 RWB
(@rwb)
Eminent Member

One more thing - this could get interesting.... I was reading the thread on PC recording. Any Mac users out there?

Posted : 29/01/2007 11:33 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

One more thing - this could get interesting.... I was reading the thread on PC recording. Any Mac users out there?
RWB, I'm sure there are Mac users here, but they may or may not be frequenting this thread in particular.

Let us know what your specific questions or problems are as they arise, and we'll get them figured out.

Any Mac recording questions might get more response through the In the Studio forum or the Mixed, Shaken and Stirred forum.

I've got you in for segment 2 on Team 7. Again, welcome to the Jam! :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 30/01/2007 12:34 am
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Thanks for setting this up, Margaret; sounds like a blast. I'd like a slot if you've got one open. Unfortunately, however, I seem to have caught a bit of the flu and haven't much been into playiing, if you know what I mean. Hopefully I will get over this in a few days and then I can get back into the swing of things.

I've been playing about 2-1/2 years and haven't participated in a jam here yet. I would consider myself an advanced beginner knocking on the door of intermediate.

Listened to the backing track- sounds good. It actually made me think of some lead phrases to apply.

Mike

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 31/01/2007 3:59 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Consider yourself in, Slipperman, and welcome to Team 7! :D

Segments 1, 3, and 4 are open. Just say which one you'd like and I'll add your name to the roster in the first post of this thread.

You can take your time with your jam part, but I hope you get over the flu in a hurry.

Margaret

Posted : 31/01/2007 4:32 am
(@gateway)

having been a long time lurker on this site i would like to have a go at this. I am very much a beginner but it would be good to push myself would it be ok to have slot 1 team 7 and I will be using sonar home studio to record does this matter

Thanks

Posted : 31/01/2007 7:57 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Me for one, RWB, PM or e-mail with any questions you have.
Audacity (mentioned a bunch in this thread) runs on a Mac btw, it's free and works great.
Enjoy!

Don

Posted : 31/01/2007 8:14 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

having been a long time lurker on this site i would like to have a go at this. I am very much a beginner but it would be good to push myself would it be ok to have slot 1 team 7 and I will be using sonar home studio to record does this matter

Thanks

Welcome, Gateway! I'll put you down for slot 1, Team 7.

I'm not familiar with Sonar Home Studio, but I believe any program that can produce a standard mp3 file will work.

Although the steps will be different from Audacity, be sure to read the Stickied topic posted near the top of this forum titled Jam Incubator -- What to Submit to the Host, to be sure the files are each of the proper resolution and format.

Here's a link to that thread:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30345

If you need help understanding what those files need to be, we can help clarify when you get to that point.

Slots 3 and 4 on Team 7 remain open, with one of those promised to Slipperman. Just need one more player to complete the team......

Margaret

Posted : 31/01/2007 9:25 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Slipperman is in for segment 4 on Team 7, so that just leaves segment 3 remaining open.

Anyone?

Margaret

Posted : 01/02/2007 6:13 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Slipperman is in for segment 4 on Team 7, so that just leaves segment 3 remaining open.

Anyone?

Margaret
Well Margaret, I'm not a beginner to guitar, but I am new to the forum, and new to electric guitar. Does that count? I was playing along with your back track (segement one), trying to use some effects and a wah-wah pedal. If you want the track it's your's. (I don't recall specifically, but I think it might work in section 3.)

Ken

It ain't what you play man, its how you play it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401901

Posted : 01/02/2007 8:40 pm
(@gateway)

Hi Margaret have been off work most of the day and have come up with something not sure it's any good but will send it on to you when i have the address. Might change it all yet but would like some kind of opinion as i have never done this kind of thing but really enjoyed doing it, well ok not so much after the 25th take, thanks for the idea and the oppertunity

Allan

Posted : 01/02/2007 8:45 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well Margaret, I'm not a beginner to guitar, but I am new to the forum, and new to electric guitar. Does that count? I was playing along with your back track (segement one), trying to use some effects and a wah-wah pedal. If you want the track it's your's. (I don't recall specifically, but I think it might work in section 3.)

Ken

Welcome, Tucker! We can see if your segment will fit into the third slot, though I might have a challenge with lining it up into place.

Have you checked out the posts referenced above on how the files should be submitted?

I'll PM you with my email address so you can send me the files when you're ready.

Margaret

Posted : 01/02/2007 10:01 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Four new Jam Incubator slots are open:

Team 7: slot 3
Team 8: slots 2, 3, and 4

New players are welcome, and a couple players who've already submitted their parts have expressed interest in doing a second segment---here is your chance!

Let me know what part you'd like and git busy! :D

As an update, I have received segments from nine players out of the 24 currently signed up. Those nine parts are all edited into their respective team's master track, and they're sounding great. But no team has all four parts in.

As soon as that happens, I'll send each team member a copy of the final mix to approve and then post it for all to hear.

Looking forward to the day when I can post the first completed Jam!

Margaret

Posted : 02/02/2007 3:01 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Team 7: slot 3

Is slot 3 the one where the acoustic guitar butts in? Are people playing over it or giving it space?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 05/02/2007 5:24 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Is slot 3 the one where the acoustic guitar butts in? Are people playing over it or giving it space?
Slej, I've emailed you the one submission I have received for segment 3, with the artist's permission, of course.

If you don't want slot 3, slots 2 and 4 are also open on Team 8....... :wink:

Margaret

Posted : 06/02/2007 12:05 am
Page 7 / 12