Jam Incubator -- Collabo for Beginners

173 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
50.4 K Views
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Team 7: slot 3

Is slot 3 the one where the acoustic guitar butts in? Are people playing over it or giving it space?

My friend you're talking about the bane of my existence :cry:
I'm trying a bit of both now, but that thing has put me through the wringer.

Don

Posted : 06/02/2007 12:34 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Team 7: slot 3

Is slot 3 the one where the acoustic guitar butts in? Are people playing over it or giving it space?

Is it from approx 2:05 to 2:25 that you mean?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 06/02/2007 2:14 am
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Is it from approx 2:05 to 2:25 that you mean?

MargaretMust be, that guitar in the back ground is why my part wouldn't work in there. I suppose I could give another go. It's a matter of having to adjust to play something harmonious with that other guitar. I'll see if I can come up with something, but no promises. So far in my attempts I've just stopped when that guitar comes in. I think it's because that would be the proper thing to do in a live performance. :lol:

It ain't what you play man, its how you play it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401901

Posted : 06/02/2007 3:40 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Tucker, shall I add you to the roster for Team 7, Slot 3?

I mixed the part you sent in to Team 8, Slot 1, and it sounds very good! I had to fade out and trim a little off the end where it went overtime, but it worked out very well.

If you want to do a second segment, that's fine, just let me know.

Margaret

Posted : 06/02/2007 4:39 am
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

margaret -- I might be interested in doing this, it seems like it's still going.. or am I too late?

I was wondering though, would this recording quality be high enough? http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=652530&songID=4970093

I wouldn't want to come in and bomb the entire track w/ a poor recording..

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

Posted : 06/02/2007 8:08 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Clockworked, your recording sounds great! If you can make an mp3, you can do the quality needed. See the sticky at the top of the Online Jams and Collabos forum for details on setting the quality for the solo file you submit.

Let me know ASAP which of the open slots you want. How about slot 2 or 4 of Team 8, since it sounds like Tucker might want slot 3 of Team 7.

Slejhamer is now in for Team 8, Player 3, so Welcome!

Margaret

Posted : 06/02/2007 1:09 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Yes, I did take a shot at slot 3. I've emailed you the tracks. Not sure if it's any good, just what came out. I don't care if you put in team 7 or 8. It's just part 3. It isn't like I have any idea what anyone else on any of the teams is doing. :D :roll: :D

It ain't what you play man, its how you play it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401901

Posted : 06/02/2007 6:31 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Yes, I did take a shot at slot 3. I've emailed you the tracks. Not sure if it's any good, just what came out. I don't care if you put in team 7 or 8. It's just part 3. It isn't like I have any idea what anyone else on any of the teams is doing. :D :roll: :D
I'll put it in for Team 7, Player 3 then.

Margaret

Posted : 06/02/2007 7:17 pm
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I wouldn't mind taking

:58 to 1:40 Player 2 - OPEN

on track eight. No acoustic guitar in the middle there to muddle it up.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

Posted : 06/02/2007 10:11 pm
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Also if anyone has AIM/MSN and wouldn't mind helping me out a bit, It'd be much appreciated.

Posted : 06/02/2007 10:14 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I wouldn't mind taking

:58 to 1:40 Player 2 - OPEN

on track eight. No acoustic guitar in the middle there to muddle it up.

:lol:
You got it then, and Welcome to Team 8, Clockworked! You can read through the thread if you haven't done so already, and let us know if you have questions that haven't been addressed. PM me when you have something ready and I'll give you my email address to send it to.

Margaret

Posted : 06/02/2007 10:14 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Also if anyone has AIM/MSN and wouldn't mind helping me out a bit, It'd be much appreciated.
Clockworked, if you don't get help over IM, let us know what your specific questions are, or say, if you need a tutorial in Audacity, etc, and we can likely get the help you need. Whatever your questions are, you are probably not the first to have had them, and the answers are probably lying around here somewhere. :D

As an update, I have received ten submissions for the total thirty-two segments. No team has a finished jam yet.

One of the thirty-two segments is open (Team 8, Segment 4), waiting for another player to claim it.

Let us know if you have questions or problems along the way, and Happy Jamming!

Margaret

Posted : 08/02/2007 3:49 am
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

No one got around to helping me.

Mainly my question had to deal with the C scale you recommended. Some of the sites provided were a bit hard for me to grasp, the way the scale was laid out confused me a bit.

There was that one good scale resource @ http://www.chordbook.com/guitarscales.php

But they've been wrong before. Maybe someone could verify whether or not their Cmaj/min pentatonic scales are accurate?

Posted : 10/02/2007 11:58 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Both scales are right, Clocked.

Don

Posted : 11/02/2007 2:02 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

There are many different ways to play the same scale up and down the fretboard; don't pay as much attention to the patterns as to the actual notes being played, or the intervals they represent. You can play the major scale on one string if you like. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 11/02/2007 2:27 am
Page 8 / 12