Jam Incubator -- Collabo for Beginners

173 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
50.4 K Views
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Clockworked, this is from a post I made on the related thread in the Beginner's Forum, titled Cattle Call for Beginners, in case you haven't seen it:
Here's something more specific, if it helps anybody:

C Maj pentatonic

Box 2 [root (C notes) bolded]
low E string: frets 8 & 10
A string: frets 7 & 10
D string: frets 7 & 10
G string: frets 7 & 9
B string: frets 8 & 10
high e string: frets 8 & 10

Box 4 [root (C notes) bolded]
low E string: frets 12 & 15
A string: frets 12 & 15
D string: frets 12 & 14
G string: frets 12 & 14
B string: frets 13 & 15
high e string: frets 12 & 15

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 11/02/2007 3:24 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Any progress being made here :?: Just wondering, no rush.

It ain't what you play man, its how you play it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401901

Posted : 14/02/2007 7:02 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Still holding at ten parts having been submitted out of thirty-two total slots, with one of the thirty-two slots still open.

Anyone out there having questions/problems that you could use some help with?

Margaret

Posted : 14/02/2007 8:05 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Still holding at ten parts having been submitted out of thirty-two total slots, with one of the thirty-two slots still open.

MargaretWell now, that peaks my interest. I wonder if you have a complete set of parts. It seems to me that it shouldn't really matter if part one comes from team #1 or team #6, as long as you have all the parts to complete one version. If necessary, I think you could adjust the roster. I'd like to hear some of the different ideas people have come up with.

Whaddaya think?

Posted : 15/02/2007 4:09 am
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

I like your idea tucker. Margaret, perhaps we could mix the parts in the order they were received?

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

Posted : 15/02/2007 5:38 pm
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Tucker gets my vote too.
I'd really like to hear what've been done so far.
It doesn't add any pressure to the ones that need more time and it might actually give'em some new ideas if they're stuck.

What do you say Margaret?

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

Posted : 15/02/2007 9:36 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

MargaretWell now, that peaks my interest. I wonder if you have a complete set of parts. It seems to me that it shouldn't really matter if part one comes from team #1 or team #6, as long as you
have all the parts to complete one version. If necessary, I think you could adjust the roster. I'd like to hear some of the different ideas people have come up with.

Whaddaya think?

I think you guys are worse than a carload of kids, that's what I think. "How many more miles? Are we there yet?" :lol:

Hmmm. I want to think about that idea a little. I have parts enough to mix together two complete jams with two parts left over, which would get you hecklers off my back. :P It would create a secretarial mess within the system I have devised of filing and mixing parts as they have come in, but I might be able to forgive you in a year or two. :twisted:

If I agree to this (read--cave in to peer pressure), it may not happen until early next week due to a long weekend planned. Do you think you can hold it until then?

Margaret

Posted : 16/02/2007 12:20 am
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Mom........ can I have some ice-cream?? Can I can I..huh huh???

hehehehehehehe.

Have a grand weekend Miss Maggie. :)
You KNOW you'll be thinking of us.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 16/02/2007 12:52 am
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

What da ya mean "long weekend coming up"? :?
It's only Thursday evening, still plenty of time before Friday 5PM, ya know! :twisted:
Besides, just bring along a laptop, between meal cooking, dish cleaning, house cleaning, kids tending, and hubby patronizing, what do you do with your spare time, sleep? :roll:

:wink: :wink: Just kidding ya! 8)

Have a great and safe long weekend.
We'll try to behave ourselves in the meantime... Mom. :P

Posted : 16/02/2007 1:21 am
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Sorry Margaret :oops: , I really didn't intend to start a mutiny.

If you would like some help with the mixing part, I have some time, and some software that could make short work of it. If you want some help, just email me the parts.

Posted : 16/02/2007 1:32 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Margaret

I told you, my part is contingent upon your part, and I don't mean the mixing. :P

If I agree to this ...

Is it possible those who have already submitted may not want their parts taken out of the context of their "teams"?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 16/02/2007 1:48 am
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Margaret

I told you, my part is contingent upon your part, and I don't mean the mixing. :P

If I agree to this ...

Is it possible those who have already submitted may not want their parts taken out of the context of their "teams"?I suppose there could be, although I can't imagine why, unless I missed something. I suppose if one of the teams conspired to ensure they were in the same relative groove, they might object.

If Margaret agrees to do this, which she hasn't yet, do you want your part opted out of the initial mix?

Posted : 16/02/2007 1:57 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

If Margaret agrees to do this, which she hasn't yet, do you want your part opted out of the initial mix?

Oh no, not me, mine is still in my head right now (music room's torn up while my wife rejigerates) but I'm easy. Just worried about everyone else, esp. those who are totally new to this. Don't want anyone to feel intimidated, that's all. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 16/02/2007 2:00 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

HAHA! Yous guys are too darn funny.

Here I am, dying to be able to post a jam or two (:rubs hands together like Gollum in anticipation:), and I've done so well at suppressing my eagerness, and then you guys push and you push and you push. :roll: Enough to push Mom right over the edge. :lol:

So I'll tentatively say that early next week I'll mix two complete jams and post them up. Remember, a woman always has the prerogative to change her mind. :wink:

I'll keep each segment in its intended slot (1,2,3,4). I'll use the segments in the order in which I received them, with the exception of Tucker's. I have two segments from you, Tucker, and I need to use your Segment 3, even though I received your Segment 1 first. Your Segment 1 will be one of the two leftover and saved for a later team's jam.

The most efficient plan I see involves moving three people from their original teams to others, and I'll notify them at that time. They can sling any arrows toward the instigators of this insurgence. :twisted:

Slej, I posted my own name for slot 4 of Team 8, right behind you. You happy now? So git that rejigeratin' dun! And I'll be the last one dun, I'm sure. :?

Now, SETTLE DOWN back there--you'll cause me to have an accident! Did you hear me?! Don't MAKE me pull over!

Margaret

Posted : 16/02/2007 3:00 am
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Now, SETTLE DOWN back there--you'll cause me to have an accident! Did you hear me?! Don't MAKE me pull over!
- It's not my fault, mom, it's him. He keeps making faces at me!

- I need to go pee!

- I'm thirsty!

- I'm bored!

- I'm hungry!

- Are we there yet?

- He hit me!

- He doesn't want to play with me!

- Mah, this music sucks!

- Go faster, mah!

Oh, what a lovely weekend ride it's gonna be. :mrgreen:

Posted : 16/02/2007 4:28 am