59 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
17.7 K Views
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Vink
You asked for the key and progression of this song.
You have probably already found out, but I tested with a G Minor pentatontic scale and it worked more or less all over the song.
But the progression is not a standard 12 bar 3 chord blues progression, I have not yet found out the chords.

Kalle, Thanks! SmokingDog also told me it is G; and I was able to match Gminor and Cminor to some parts of the 12 bars I have starting at aroun 0:59, but haven't figured out the other chords. Looks like some minor and dominat 7th. But I have enough to go on.

Thanks very much!

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 08/10/2006 6:24 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Got Vink's take this morning. Sounds good!

I worked on mine yesterday but didn't get one I liked, so I'll be working on it more this week.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 09/10/2006 11:57 am
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I need new recording gear.

I didn't get it to where I wanted it tonight soundwise, will finish and send Thursday.

Posted : 11/10/2006 1:38 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Take your time. Get it sounding the way you want. I played until my fingers were sore last night. :lol:

Jason

Posted : 11/10/2006 11:56 am
(@cringe)
Estimable Member

Hope to have something by Saturday, no gaurantees though. I can't really spend any time on it until Friday afternoon.

Posted : 11/10/2006 4:19 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Well, looks like I have enough time to make another go at it .. I will try towards the end of the week, and if it sounds any better, I will send that. I would really like to get some more "life" (vibrato/sustain) into the parts I play high up the neck..

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 11/10/2006 5:24 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, looks like I have enough time to make another go at it .. I will try towards the end of the week, and if it sounds any better, I will send that. I would really like to get some more "life" (vibrato/sustain) into the parts I play high up the neck..

Cool. That's why my fingers were so sore last night. I was trying bends and such and after awhile, the finger tips just can't take much more! Well, at least mine after doing nothing but for an hour or so! :lol:

Cringe, have fun!

Jason

Posted : 11/10/2006 5:56 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ivan, got your take. Thanks! Sounds great!!!

I got a take recorded, but I made some mistakes that I'm going to try to fix this weekend.

Getting the tracks to line up is proving to be harder than I had thought. I'm learning a lot about my software though, so it'll be easier next time. Sure is fun though ... :)

Jason

Posted : 13/10/2006 12:39 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

OK, here's the finished result.

Beginning - :59 = Ivan
:59 - 1:52 = Vink
1:52 - 3:16 = Cringe
3:16 - End = Crank

Gilmour Like GN Jam Session

Everyone did great! I learned a lot putting all the parts together too! Loads of fun! 8)

Jason

Posted : 16/10/2006 11:53 am
(@97reb)
Noble Member

That's a great backing track. I jammed along for all of it and when it ended, I was surprised it was over! I could go on with something like that for awhile.

For some reason, in my first post, I missed the fact ya'll were done and had it posted. I really like everybody's tone. You guys have good ears. I really liked Cringes's uptempo runs in the third part. It was a slightly longer part and a perfect time for those faster runs.

Who's ready for the Guitarnoise.com "Taking America By Storm" tour?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 16/10/2006 2:13 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Sounds great, good job guys!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/10/2006 2:49 pm
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Yeah
Sound really good.
Good job guys

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

Posted : 16/10/2006 4:33 pm
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

You guys did real good. Its amazing that you came up with that song having not heard each other's parts or anything. Good Job, you guys made a great team/band.

Posted : 16/10/2006 5:08 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

You guys did real good. Its amazing that you came up with that song having not heard each other's parts or anything. Good Job, you guys made a great team/band.

Isn't it strange how that works? The only bad part about being the one who puts it together is that it puts pressure on you to make your part really good (after listening to everyone's take). My part felt so slow compared to everyone else's, but that's the way I like to play. I kept feeling unworthy but at least my part was short. :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Jason

Posted : 16/10/2006 5:22 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Guys, that was awesome. Some cool licks in there and some great tone. Editing was seamless.

Congrats to all involved on a job well done.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 16/10/2006 7:30 pm
Page 3 / 4